We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bluff-, ridge-, outcrop-located cabin(s) near ES?

Which Eureka Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Longview, Texas
reviews: 1
Best bluff-, ridge-, outcrop-located cabin(s) near ES?

Hi ya'll! We're a couple of flatlanders who love mountains. Any mountains. We want to take a quick trip to a neat place we haven't seen before. ES sounds good, but here's the rub:

So far online, I've been able to find only two cabins that look like they could fill the bill. Both overlook the White River, and seem to be adjacent properties on CR 210.

For soaring vistas, is this White River bluff our best bet? Do you know of any other cabins convenient to ES that offer privacy and a mountain-y feel? P.S.: Although we do enjoy walking, we can't do a lot of staircases, so "treehouses" won't work. Best regards

5 replies to this topic
Little Rock...
reviews: 62
1. Re: Best bluff-, ridge-, outcrop-located cabin(s) near ES?

I don't think these meet your guidelines for being convenient to Eureka Springs but they both will meet or exceed your "soaring vista" criteria.

http://www.whiterockmountain.com/

http://www.mountmagazinestatepark.com/ (Click the "Cabin" link)

The Crescent Hotel has a nice view overlooking Eureka Springs but it's not a cabin.

Longview, Texas
reviews: 1
2. Re: Best bluff-, ridge-, outcrop-located cabin(s) near ES?

Thanks John, and I should've made myself more clear. Visited Mt. Petit Jean a few times (love it!) and also stayed at the beautiful Mt. Magazine Lodge. Will keep White Rock Mtn in mind.

However, this fall we want to visit ES and daytrip to nearby places like Crystal Bridges Museum. We're privacy and seclusion junkies, so cabins or cottages usually work out better.

We decided to give up on the idea of a budget "1M dollar view" and found a "lakeview" cottage instead. For anyone doing a keyword search: The Beaver Lake 1BR cottage we found seems to offer a lot of bang for the buck, if you don't mind a short drive into ES.

tristate NYC area
reviews: 103
3. Re: Best bluff-, ridge-, outcrop-located cabin(s) near ES?

Was this the Beaver Lake Front cabins? I am considering it and wondered how you liked it. How far is the drive into downtown ES? Thank you for your help.

Omaha
reviews: 17
4. Re: Best bluff-, ridge-, outcrop-located cabin(s) near ES?

I suspect it's the Beaver Lake Cottages since she used the term cottage instead of cabin. I know I got them mixed up when I was searching for a spot. We recently stayed at the cottages and loved it, but I went back and forth between the two before deciding. They both cater to couples, so for me it came down to the fact that the cottages appeared more light and airy. Also, the Jacuzzi tub is in the bathroom, not in the main room, which is something I prefer. They have a lovely wooded view from the tub and even have outdoor lighting to hi-light the treetops at night. I believe the cottages are about 8 miles from town, and the drive isn't bad, all paved roads. Even though I stayed at the cottages, I think you'd be happy with either.

tristate NYC area
reviews: 103
5. Re: Best bluff-, ridge-, outcrop-located cabin(s) near ES?

Thank you for introducing me to another great choice. I like the idea of the cabin being light with great views, too. Hard to decide!

Regards,

Suzanne

Reply to: Best bluff-, ridge-, outcrop-located cabin(s) near ES?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs