We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eureka Springs area - leaving in one week!

Which Eureka Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 8
Eureka Springs area - leaving in one week!

One week from now, my husband and I will be renting a home a few miles south of ES and we'll be joined by our 3 adult children mid-week. We are interested in hiking, biking, eating, boating, fishing. Looks like Hobbs State Pk has some good trails (we prefer moderate-level hikes with good views or unique features) and maybe Lake Leatherwood? I've found the listing of trails at Hobbs, so looking for personal experiences, not just info. We enjoy biking and would like to bring our bikes but wonder if there are paved or gravel trails that are fairly level...looks like Hobbs may have some and maybe through the town of ES? My boys have degrees in Architecture so we'll be going to Thorncrown Chapel; anywhere else for structural excellence? I assume the Passion Play is great and not to be missed? What boat rental companies and maybe fishing charter companies would you recommend? We're definitely interested in seeing wildlife, especially bald eagles, so where to go for opportunities? And lastly, favorite restaurants? Good thing we have a week....we like to see the best of the places we visit. Thanks for any info!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
reviews: 231
1. Re: Eureka Springs area - leaving in one week!

I will comment on your architecture question. Do not hesitate to take your sons to Crystal Bridges Museum. Though it is a whole different architecture than you will see at Thorncrown, they will have some delights in this amazing museum building and grounds. Park near the 21Museum Hotel in downtown Bentonville and go into the hotel whose art galleries are open to the public. Then walk the mile or so beautiful trail to the museum. Take your bikes to explore other parts of the trails around the museum and around Bentonville. My fav restaurant in Eureka is Local Flavor.

Eureka Springs...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Eureka Springs area - leaving in one week!

…tripod.com/webonmediacontents/NORTHWEST-ARK…

don't know if the above link will make it, but it's a link to a 23 mile auto-tour that takes you through bald eagle territory...only thing is, the best time is in the winter and i'm not sure how the crop is during the summer or if they're just too hard to see....if the link doesn't come through, and in any case, just google "northwest Arkansas bald eagle" and you will get some info on all this.

ditto on the favorite restaurant, local flavor, is the best. if you want to get a true eureka atmosphere however, I would stop by for lunch or a drink at "new delhi" which has an open sidewalk café (shaded) and it is a great place to people watch...also, they usually have live music of all types usually from six pm on and usually afternoon and evenings on Saturday and sunday... and don't miss seeing the crescent hotel--turn of the century hotel which sits up on top of eureka and has a great view...you can go to the fourth floor and look out from a balcony to get the best view-- and no charge for this-- it's a charming old place and fun to walk around. have fun!

missouri
reviews: 5
3. Re: Eureka Springs area - leaving in one week!

If you will be in Eureka the weekend of July 13 the Fat Tire Fest will be going on at Lake Leatherwood I think, dont know anything about it other that this website fattirefestival.com/noncompetitiveevents/…

Edited: 8:48 am, July 11, 2013
reviews: 8
4. Re: Eureka Springs area - leaving in one week!

Thanks very much for the comments; looking forward to next week!

5. Re: Eureka Springs area - leaving in one week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 15, 2014