We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going on the rv with family

Which Eureka Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westville, Oklahoma
Going on the rv with family

We are wanting to go from Eureka Springs Ar. To Tennessee smoky mt. It will be me and my husband with are18 year old daughter . We will be in our RV. And are leaving June 19.we are wanting to know what there is to do and the best places to see. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
reviews: 228
1. Re: Going on the rv with family

What are your interests? You could route tthrough Mountain View for Ozark crafts and music, through Little Rock if you like history and presidential museums, through the Arkansas River Valley for some great mountain-top state parks, to America's most beautiful national river, The Buffalo, for some easy low-water scenic paddling. Let us know your interests and the amount of time you have and someone will have some great ideas.

Westville, Oklahoma
2. Re: Going on the rv with family

We are open for suggestions . Never been so we would like to know what is fun to do.something the 18year old would like to. Thanks

Edited: 6:35 pm, June 04, 2013
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
3. Re: Going on the rv with family

Below are some websites of some interesting places to visit in Arkansas. You could take several routes to Memphis from Eureka - I have suggested two - all will be fun. The first might be to wind through the Ozark foothills to the Mountain View area where you can enjoy mountain music and Ozark crafts at the Ozark Folk Center (RV Park next door) and take in nearby beautiful Blanchard Caverns, then if you like, head to Little Rock to pick up 40 to Memphis, visiting the Clinton Presidential Center and the RV Park just across the walking bridge from it. Before visiting Mountain View you could detour to take a quick afternoon easy paddle on America's most beautiful river, the Buffalo. You can RV camp at Buffalo Point (check as the budget cuts caused some closures), then take the short and scenic paddle to Rush.

Alternately you could go from Eureka to Bentonville and see one of the world's greatest art museums, Crystal Bridges - paid for by our Walmart dollars, it's the art museum for people who didn't think they liked art. It is pretty unbelievable and all free! You can take the speedy I-540/40 route from there and stop at one of Arkansas's premiere parks, like Petit Jean where there is RV camping. A few miles detour and you could take in some crystal mines near Hot Springs, before getting back to 40 and off to Memphis.

Most agree that Clinton Center in Little Rock is well worth the time spent even if they don't care for ole Bill.

Hope this helps.

Ozark Folk Center

www.ozarkfolkcenter.com/‎

Mountain View Chamber of Commerce - Folk Music Capital of the ...

www.yourplaceinthemountains.com/‎

Ozark RV Park - Mountain View, Arkansas - Next to the Ozark Folk ...

www.ozarkrvpark.com/‎

Blanchard Springs Caverns

www.blanchardsprings.org/‎

Buffalo National River - National Park Service

www.nps.gov/buff/‎

Fees & Reservations - Buffalo National River - National Park Service

www.nps.gov/buff/planyourvisit/feesandreservations.htm‎

William J. Clinton Presidential Center - Little Rock

www.clintonpresidentialcenter.org/‎

Downtown Riverside RV Park - North Little Rock AR

www.northlittlerock.org/entries.aspx?id...

Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art

crystalbridges.org/

Petit Jean State Park – Petit Jean Mountain – Arkansas State Park

www.petitjeanstatepark.com

Ron Coleman Mining - Home

www.colemanquartz.com/

Edited: 11:23 pm, June 04, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 5
4. Re: Going on the rv with family

All these things sound like fun! We have 1 week in travel from Dallas to Arkansas (during Spring Break) with active teenagers. What would you suggest? Museums might not be at the top of their list, but any outdoor activities are welcomed. We will be in our RV and will need to take that into consideration. Thank you!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
5. Re: Going on the rv with family

You may be hitting the Buffalo River at the only time of year when the beautiful upper Buffalo is navigable. It is amazing. Contact one of the outfitters at Ponca like buffaloriver.com/buffalo-river-paddlers-guid… or www.lostvalleycanoe.com to plan your trip based on desired time on the river and experience. You will have to reserve canoes in advance this time of year. I know you dont care for museums, but I am not kidding when I tell you to try this museum. Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville is unbelievable. I thought my kids would last a half hour there and it was three hours before they realized they hadn't eaten all day and took a break before spending more time there. The WalMart fortune built an unreal place. crystalbridges.org Crystal mining is lots of fun near Hot Springs if time permits. One mine is: www.wegnercrystalmines.com also Petit Jean State Park is my fav in the whole state. I wouldnt miss it. Great trails, views, waterfalls. www.petitjeanstatepark.com

So you might hit Petit Jean, then Buffalo River, then Bentonville and maybe squeeze in some quartz mining. Take OLD clothes if you mine!! The Buffalo would be the very top priority. You just dont have a chance to catch the tall bluffs of the upper Buffalo any other time of year.

Edited: 12:09 pm, February 17, 2014
Reply to: Going on the rv with family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted