We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying cigs

Which Pas de la Casa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lincolnshire
reviews: 13
Buying cigs

My son has asked me to find out if he can buy English Cigs in Pas De La Casa. He is taking a weeks ski holiday there from this weekend.

Mums are a fountain of information but this one leaves me stumped lol, would anyone know the answer please?

North Yorks
reviews: 18
1. Re: Buying cigs

Have not visited Pas but you can buy cigarettes in the supermarkets in Arinsal, they have a good choice and were cheaper than the U.K last year.

I would expect it wil be the same in Pas.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 80
2. Re: Buying cigs

Cigs in Pas will be sold by the boat load, but just remember you are outside the EU so the limit is technically 200 per person.

lincolnshire
3. Re: Buying cigs

Thank you for the information guys, I will pass it on to number one son lol.

I don't know how many he intended to buy but I'm guessing it will be more then 200, just hope he's not stopped at the airport in France.

Andorra la Vella...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Buying cigs

huge selection at Pas... about 2.30e a pack for Marlboro etc.... cheaper brands on offer too... so about 70% cheaper than UK....

The worry is not getting stopped at airport in France ,, as by that time he will already be in the EU.... the checks are at at And/Fr border they do checks...

Less so if on a bus or coach......

If he makes it past the And/ Fr border ..... and then on arrival at his destination airport in the eu goess through the eu arrival channel ... there are usually no customs or checks... so he should be ok....

All cigs in Andorra are obviously not stamped with EU duty paid ... so are identifiable.....

He should be ok ... so long as he is not buying 1,000's

lincolnshire
5. Re: Buying cigs

Cheers, however he did exactly that! He brought 3000 home with no problem, must be his lucky smile, I wouldn't dare do it lol

6. Re: Buying cigs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, March 05, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pas de la Casa