We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

Which Tusayan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

My parents are travelling from Las Vegas to Tusayan and will not be driving. Are there any public transport connections available?

Regards

Ayan

15 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
1. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

No. Your parents will need to book a day tour to GCNP. They will have about 3 hours at the park. If their plans are to do something otherwise on their own, they will have to rent a car.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
2. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

Tell us more. Why are they going to Tusayan? Do they have a hotel reservation there? Are they spending time in Las Vegas, or just using it to get to GCNP?

London, United...
3. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

Thanks a ton for the information. We had booked the Best Western at Tusayan for a couple of nights, but guess we'll have to cancel it. :-(

London, United...
4. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

Hi Bobbear43,

They are staying at Las Vegas for a couple of nights, and wanted to do a relaxed tour of the Grand Canyon South Rim, sunrise, sunset, and stuff, which, I'm guessing won't happen on a day trip. Wanted to also add a helicopter tour if possible.

Thanks

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
5. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

Grand Canyon Tour Company overs both an overnight tour to GCNP with lodging and without. While there is a shuttle between Tusayan and GC Village, staying in Tusayan might not be convenient in combination with the transportation which includes a coach tour in the park.

Bus without lodging:

www.grandcanyontourcompany.com/nightbusp.html

Bus with lodging:

www.grandcanyontourcompany.com/nightbus.htm

There are other companies offering similar trips, however this is the only one about which I know enough to recommend.

They would be able to see sunset and sunrise, however getting to the GC Airport for a helicopter flight would require taking a taxi.

Edited: 1:09 pm, June 21, 2011
London UK
reviews: 25
6. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

Do your or your parents have a driving licence? If any of you have one, then hire a car in Las Vegas, the prices are very competitive and it is an easy drive. By doing so you will be able to enjoy Grand Canyon, sunrise, sunset, helicopter trip, a walk along the south rim and perhaps a short way down into Grand Canyon. We did precisely all that and stayed at the Great Western too.

If you can drive, then do it, Grand Canyon is truly one to the natural wonders of the world and puts Las Vegas in the shade.

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 6
7. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

Hello everybody. I saw your post while trying to find possibilities to travel from Las Vegas, stop in Grand Canyon and then travel to Flagstaff. It seems that is very complicated without a car. What I am understanding is that the only option is to depend on a travel agency?...It is so expensive! That is so disappointing..

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
8. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

Travel Agencies have nothing to do with it. The fact is there is a lack of public transportation options for getting to and from the GCNP, other than organized tours. One way travel is almost impossible. Unless of course, You are willing to pay big bucks for private transports. In that respect you are correct. It is very expensive.

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 6
9. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

Thanks RedRox for your reply. I guess I have to start comparing prices of travel agencies.

Best,

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
10. Re: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?

GalaGirl, you really need to contact the tour companies to see if they are even receptive to the idea of transporting you for only half of their tours. A tour from LV to the GCNP returns to LV. Likewise with Flagstaff. So what you will be doing is touring to GCNP from LV, then getting off the tour and being released. Then you will need to join a tour from Flag in progress to get from GCNP to Flag.

Not only will it be costly, but it will also force the tour companies to be flexible with their regulations and policies. Most companies are required to return you to where they picked you up.

Arizona Shuttle runs a general transport between Flag and GCNP and elsewhere around AZ. Not sure about LV though.

Edited: 11:26 am, December 09, 2011
Reply to: Public transport from Vegas to Tusayan?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted