We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Liberia from Drake Bay

Which Drake Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Getting to Liberia from Drake Bay

So, I plan to fly into Drake Bay from SJO via Sansa. It's a fairly reasonable price and it will save me time. But, I'm curious how to get from Drake Bay to Liberia. Looking for cost efficient way, since I'll have an entire day to make trip back. What are your suggestions?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 69
1. Re: Getting to Liberia from Drake Bay

Fly. LONG way back by road.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Getting to Liberia from Drake Bay

Yes it is a long ...long day...basically you are driving from Drakes South Pacific near Panama border to Liberia near Nicargua broder...

Easy 12 hour ride...can be less but not that much...

roadadvisor

New Orleans...
3. Re: Getting to Liberia from Drake Bay

Unfortunately, flights are booked. How much do you think a private driver would cost? Or what other way out is there? Bus?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Getting to Liberia from Drake Bay

The best is to try to rent a car one way...private driver will be a lot of money...

Take a bus from Puerto Jimenez ( Rincon de OSA)...to San Jose and from there another one to Liberia...you just can seat and relax...!

roadadvisor

Drake Bay, Osa...
5. Re: Getting to Liberia from Drake Bay

You can take the bus from Palmar to San Jose, then a bus to Liberia

Tracopa Bus Schedule: 2786-6511 / 2221-4214 / 2222-2666 / 2223-7685.

TO San Jose: from Palmar 6 Hours Departs: 4:45am, 6:15am, 7:45am, 10am, 1pm, 2:30pm, 6:30pm Cost: US $8.

There is also a collective shuttle that departs 3pm from the SJ international airport

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 69
6. Re: Getting to Liberia from Drake Bay

When you say 'flights are booked' do you mean that neither Sansa nor Nature Air have availability on your date, or that you've already booked your tickets in/out of Costa Rica?

7. Re: Getting to Liberia from Drake Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, July 09, 2013