We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shore/kayak Fishing in Drake Bay

Which Drake Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond
reviews: 6
Shore/kayak Fishing in Drake Bay

I'm headed to Drake Bay Jan 1 and was planning on taking my telescopic pole. (It's pretty heavy duty) I would really like some pointers as to what kind of lures and/or hooks to bring or bait to use. I'll be fishing from the shore or from a kayak. I've read rooster fish should be there, some snook and I'm not sure what else. Also, are there fish in the rivers accessible around there? We will be staying at Las Caletas for a week. Some general pointers or recommendations would be fantastic. Thanks!

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
1. Re: Shore/kayak Fishing in Drake Bay

Fred has been fishing here for 15 years contact him here

drakebaytravels.com/Hotel_Ojala.html

Richmond
reviews: 6
2. Re: Shore/kayak Fishing in Drake Bay

I'm just looking for some information on what to bring to go out on my own, not to book a tour. Las Caletas, where we are staying has some sea kayaks we can also use.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Shore/kayak Fishing in Drake Bay

One of the few times that I have to said I do not know...I love sea kayaking...and I paddle a lot around there in my Sea Tiger but I'm not a fisherman...sorry!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Merryxmas happy holidays!

Roadadvisor

Colorado
reviews: 5
4. Re: Shore/kayak Fishing in Drake Bay

VAtravelguy - Are you back yet? Would love to hear how your trip went and if the fishing worked out. We are headed down to Las Caletas in Feb and have the same questions you posted. We want to take our own gear and give the fishing a shot. I tried e-mail you directly, but I wasn't seeing any e-mail address for you....

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Shore/kayak Fishing in Drake Bay

I'm going to ISEAME in Carate...let me know how your fishing was!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

6. Re: Shore/kayak Fishing in Drake Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 08, 2010