We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable Car Rental Comany

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 21
Reliable Car Rental Comany

Arriving at Juan Santamaría International Airport and will be driving to Dominical. Need a 4x4 (4 passenger. Need suggestions on car rental company to use that is up front in the total cost (including insurance, taxes, deposit to Credit card) and has a near by office in Quepos or Dominical, in case of problems with car. Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
United States
reviews: 4
1. Re: Reliable Car Rental Comany

We recently had a great experience with Wild Rider, all expenses were offered up front, no surprises. We paid a little extra for an airport delivery and drop off. They have a network of garages and mechanics all over CR in case of troubles. If you do a search of them, you will see what peoples' experiences are when things do go wrong. We went to Dominical/Uvita. Depending on what kind of driving you will be doing, I would recommend something beefier than the Diahatsu Terios that we had, next time I will go with something with more power.

reviews: 21
2. Re: Reliable Car Rental Comany

Thank you so much for the help, I have reached out to several companies but got no response. Did you book ahead, if so, was the vehicle you requested the one you recieved? Also, what insurance level did you purchase? Thank you again for you assistance!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 57
3. Re: Reliable Car Rental Comany

With Wild Rider, is WYSIWYG, no hidden costs, and excellent customer service. However they have office only in San Jose. Not that this fact would prevent them to assist you it will only took longer. Other companies, with offices both in San Jose and Dominical/Uvita are Solid, Vamos and National.

United States
reviews: 4
4. Re: Reliable Car Rental Comany

I got the car I booked, there was no deposit, just an email confirmation. I got the minimum mandatory insurance, the rest was covered by my credit card. The owner of Wild Rider is Thorston, his cars are not new and shiny, but very well maintained. He's a german guy, and they love to keep their cars in good repair. A really nice and reliable organization. I got the recommendation to use them on this forum, and it worked out great.

Montrose, Colorado
reviews: 13
5. Re: Reliable Car Rental Comany

Another vote for WildRider. I have used them in the past, and will be using them again next week. I had a Terios last time, and will step up to a Begos this time.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
6. Re: Reliable Car Rental Comany

Wild Rider seems to only ever get great reviews. Xelas does point out other reliable companies that also have offices in the Dominical area as well as San Jose which may be worth considering.

Reply to: Reliable Car Rental Comany
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted