We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nauyaca Waterfalls

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
denver city, tx
reviews: 6
Nauyaca Waterfalls

We were wanting to see these waterfalls, but it looks like you need to use horseback or a killer hike, is that right? My husband is about 270, so unless they have some seriously sturdy hoses, he is usually to big to ride....any thoughts or suggestions?

Grants Pass Or.
reviews: 3
1. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls

It is a 4 KM hike uphill most of the way! call and check on the weight limits for the horses. It is a fantastic place...

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
reviews: 140
2. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls

I am 6'5" 240 and have not had any trouble riding horses in Costa Rica.

Now, if the horses could talk, it may be a different story...

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 39
3. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls

I think they do have a weight limit. My Husband is 225 and I was concerned. There are some atv tours to

some waterfalls nearby I am looking at.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 4
4. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls

My wife and I have been to Nauyaca twice. The first time we rode the horses. The second time, my wife requested a jeep ride (same price) and she rode the jeep both ways. On the way back, 6 other horse riders including me opted for the jeep ride back. It is an awesome experience seeing the falls. They feed you breakfast and lunch and give plenty of time to enjoy the falls. Highly recommended. Ask for the jeep ride. Alejandra (reservations) is very friendly and accommodating. PURA VIDA!!

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 30
5. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls

The horses are Criollo (forgive my spelling, this is close) and smaller than most breeds commonly seen in the states. There is a weight limit.

denver city, tx
reviews: 6
6. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls

Do you happen to have a website or name for the company? Thanks!

between Dominical...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls

They do have a weight limit for riding horseback. If you weigh more than 180 lbs. they want to know. The maximum weight that they will accept is 210 lbs. I suppose that is because they have a horse or two that is bigger/stronger than the others. They do now have the option of the pick-up ride but at their discretion. They need three guests to use the pick-up so it is not used every day. This is because they need an additional guide just to drive the truck and it certainly is not cost effective to have one guide for only one guest. For what they charge and offer, they are in my opinion, the best bargain in the country. Contact Alajandra and give her your dates in the area well in advance so she can put together a group of three for the trip by pick-up.

8. Re: Nauyaca Waterfalls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 29, 2014