We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 20
Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

We'll be there beginning of March. We want to zip line, and I think that Hacienda Baru's zipline might be too tame for the thrill seekers in our group. It looks like Osa Canopy and Titi Canopy might be similar in distance from Dominical. Is that right?

I'm trying to decide between the two locations. Anyone have any insight on either one? Or, if you're familiar with both, can you offer comparisons?

Also, my mom won't zip, so which location might be better for her to have something to do while she waits for us?

Any info on sizes of groups or crowds at either location?

Phoenix, Arizona
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
1. Re: Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

Hi gandmik,

We've moved this topic to the Dominical forum, because it should be more likely to receive some replies here. We hope you find the information you're looking for.

Best regards,

TA_MikeW

ojochal costa rica
reviews: 13
2. Re: Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

osa canopy tour is the one you want to go to. it's the best in the area. $55 and they do a good job. it's about 45 minutes or so south of dominical.

Minneapolis...
3. Re: Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

TA_MikeW, I posted this with a different title in the Dominical forum, and didn't get the usual quick response that I've gotten spoiled by on TripAdvisor! So I posted again in the CR forum (sorry).

jayfriedman, Thanks for your thoughts!

Manuel Antonio...
4. Re: Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

There are several canopy companies around Manuel Antonio, where you can have a lot of fun, Midworld has the longest superman line of central america. there is also canopy safari and titi canopy. Also if your mom won't do the ziplines, she can enjoy a calm tour on the mangroves, a hike to the Manuel Antonio National Park, or just relax on the beach or hotel.

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 6
5. Re: Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

Hi, my recomendation is to stay at Dominical Area, it is just less crowded, very lush green vegetation, and for me is a strategic point, from there you can access two beautiful places on one day tours, one day you can go to Manuel Antonio Quepos, visit the beautiful park, and do de ziplining there if you want, enjoy the day there, but then go back to your hotel in Dominical, next day you can go and visit Corcovado National Park, a jewel forest, you can go by boat and it will only take 1 hour and a half and then come back.

If you like the idea and would like to check a hotel on the area try Hotel cuna del Angel, it might work for you.

Minneapolis...
6. Re: Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

Ticotraveller, thanks, but we already have a rental house lined up near Dominical.

TulemarPabs, I don't really want to send my 78 year old mom off on an adventure by herself, which is why I was hoping to see if the zipline companies had other activities on their grounds. Yes, she could stay back at the rental house by the pool, but if we may a day trip of it, she would probably rather come along.

I'm leaning toward Osa Mountain Canopy. Thanks for the help, all.

Dominical
reviews: 2
7. Re: Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

You could do the zipline at Hacienda Baru and your Mom could do a guided walked in the shaded grounds or visit their Butterfly Gardens and gift shop. The Zipline is $35 and a little more educational than Osa. Then go to the Osa Canopy one day and let her stay home and enjoy some alone time.

8. Re: Staying in Dominical. Osa or Manuel Antonio for ziplining?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 16, 2014