We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back - recommendations

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Merrill, Oregon
reviews: 21
Just got back - recommendations

Just got back from an amazing 40th birthday trip to Dominical, and thought I would share in case it could help anyone else plan. I didn't know where to start.... so I went on VRBO, and found a bunch of listings, but fell in love with this one. http://www.vrbo.com/307128

I booked it after corresponding with both the owner and the manager in CR. I, of course, also did homework on Google :) Read my review from Jan 12th I just posted for details.

- I highly recommend Wild Rider ( www.wild-rider.com/ )for booking a rental car. They were great with email correspondence and delivered/picked up the car AND were right on time! No hidden fees, friendly people

- Courtyard Marriott San Jose Airport- inexpensive, clean, and convienient. Employees were very helpful. The beds were a little hard for my taste, but it was a great place to crash before and after our vacation. Plus, we walked to WalMart for supplies and last minute souvineers (hot sauce!)

Dominical (area) is amazing. So much to see and do. The town is small....off the highway with a dirt main st. Uviuta is a short drive, and has a good sized supermarcado (grocery) and lots to do. Just drive around. If you have a navigation system, a full tank of fuel, and a 4x4, take a dirt road, and see where it leads!

You can spend a fortune on tours while in CR....we just did one...ATV:

- Adventure Motorsport ( www.jungleatv.com/ ) was a great way to get into the jungle, see a tall waterfall, and jump into a beautiful and private swimming hole. I will be posting my review for them soon as well.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 57
1. Re: Just got back - recommendations

Thanks for sharing your experiences. The house really looks lovely, and if two or three couples then it is also very affordable. Can you tell me which restaurants / soda have you been to, if any?

Merrill, Oregon
reviews: 21
2. Re: Just got back - recommendations

I don't remember the names of them all, but I can say we didn't have a bad meal our entire trip!

We went to Roca Verde twice since it was great foodand almost next to the house, and a restaurant just past it (North, toward Dominical). We took the road towards San Isidro, and went to the new Charter restaurant....the one with the airplane they are converting into a nightclub. That was excelent as well And on the way to San Isidro, there is a little restaurant on the left overlooking the jungle...the nachos were fantastic there.

Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the names, I must have been too busy eating :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Just got back - recommendations

NIce mini report...

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 39
4. Re: Just got back - recommendations

Nice report, thanks for taking the time to post for others. Sounds like you had fun.

Cheers

Peoria, Illinois
reviews: 14
5. Re: Just got back - recommendations

Thanks for posting this report! I am actually considering this same house for our first trip to CR next summer! We'd like to visit the Dominical/Uvita area after staying on the Osa Peninsula. Question: How is the beach near the house? We have a 9 year old daughter, so I'm concerned about strong surf. Is this a good swimming beach?

Thanks again!

6. Re: Just got back - recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 07, 2014