We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalon Surf School and Corcovado

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Kalon Surf School and Corcovado

I'm going to Kalon Surf School this summer and am interested in a day trip or possibly extending my vacation to visit Corcovado National Park. Is it worth it to go to the park for one day (i.e. a day trip from Kalon)? or should I spend a few days at the park? What wildlife can I expect to see? I would also like to spend a few days at Arenal at the end of my trip as well. How much time will I need there? What's the best way to get there from San Jose? Thanks for your suggestions.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 58
1. Re: Kalon Surf School and Corcovado

Chances of seeing wildlife increases with the time spent in an area. Also wildlife is most active early morning and late evening, and that are the times when you will be on boat traveling to and from Corcovado, if going on a day trip.

However, multiple day stay at La Sirena is an expensive affair, even if going with a group.

Arenal has enough to offer for at least 4 full days. There are half day and full day tours.

2. Re: Kalon Surf School and Corcovado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 31, 2014