We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July Special Celebration?

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sonoma, California
reviews: 7
4th of July Special Celebration?

Hi,

We will be travelling on my son's birthday - which is on Fourth of July. Does anyone know of anywhere in the area that does fireworks or anything special to celebrate the USA holiday? Thanks!

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
1. Re: 4th of July Special Celebration?

There is a big 4th of July celebration at the US Embassy in San Jose - picnic, barbecue, probably fireworks.

Other than that, there might be something small in areas where lots of expats from the US live but I don't know of anything.

Dominical, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Dominical
reviews: 8
2. Re: 4th of July Special Celebration?

You might spot some fireworks being set off, or a bonfire on the beach, if some local U.S. expats happen to be having a beach party for the 4th of July for a personal celebration of the US holiday, but the 4th is not a special day for Costa Ricans or the many Canadian and European expats here. Its just a regular day like any other day here, so you are unlikely to encounter anything special in the Dominical area. The US Embassy's celebration in San Jose should be your best bet if you need a traditional 4th.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
3. Re: 4th of July Special Celebration?

For the last 2 years (and probably even more) there has been at least one 4th of July celebration in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area with live music and other things. The one we attended 2 years ago was a BBQ at La Foresta near the Quepos airport. Since there are a fair number of expats in the area it is likely there will be something. It will be fun but I am sure it won't match what the US Embassy puts on in San Jose. I don't think there are fireworks in the Quepos celebrations.

By car Quepos/MA is less than an hour from Dominical.

You will have to ask around once you are there as the local things are not planned that far in advance. You might find information in June or the very beginning of July in Quepolandia the local monthly publication

http://www.quepolandia.com

or ask again on the forums closer to the date and someone there might know.

raquel

Edited: 10:54 am, January 27, 2013
Sonoma, California
reviews: 7
4. Re: 4th of July Special Celebration?

Thanks for the advice!

5. Re: 4th of July Special Celebration?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 01, 2014