We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountains or coast?

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 43
Mountains or coast?

Hi again- last question (I think :) before we come down.

What is the more scenic drive? Coast or mountains? Any reason we should pick one or the other?

We are using a driver to get to the rental car place there because my husband is paranoid. He only wants to drive around Dominical & Uvita.

Thanks so much!

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 33
1. Re: Mountains or coast?

They are both very scenic in completely different ways. One has mountains, waterfalls and cloud forests. The other has coastal views, palm plantations and beaches. Maybe you can go one way and return the other?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
2. Re: Mountains or coast?

I agree with CanaTico but keep in mind that coastal route is definitely faster and does not require you to deal with San Jose traffic. Even if you take the outer ring road around San Jose when coming from the south on the mountain route, there is a much greater chance of getting ensnared in rush hour traffic.

Quepos, Costa Rica
reviews: 3
3. Re: Mountains or coast?

I agree with crfan, the coastal route is much more reliable in terms of traffic and road construction delays but if you have the time (or time it right) the views are great on the mountain route too.

Iowa
reviews: 43
4. Re: Mountains or coast?

Thank you all. I think we will do the coastal route there with a mountain return since we will have more time on our return to putz around. Good suggestion- wish I had thought of it :)

5. Re: Mountains or coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 22, 2014