We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dominical - February / never been to Costa Rica

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans
reviews: 1
Dominical - February / never been to Costa Rica

Planing a trip to Dominical for Feb. Probably going for 7-10 days. We are renting a house. My parents have been to Costa Rica but I haven't. I was wondering the best way to get from San Jose to Domical. Best airport to fly into - Quepos or Palma Sur?

Also, most do's in Dominical and surrounding area. We love to fish. I am interested in learning how to surf.

Any good restaurant suggestions - we love whole in the wall places. Any specific local food l we should try?

Zip lines, tour suggestions? Fishing guides?

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Dominical - February / never been to Costa Rica

Fly into SJO then take a domestic fly into Quepos...just 45 minutes to Dominical...

For surfing you can contact DYLAN PARK incredible nice professional surfing instructor...

Owner/certified surf instructor

http://www.sunsetsurfdominical.com

011 (506) 8917-3143 cel.

For fishing once you are there you can check and see the boats and talk to captains...for boats do not pay anything in advance...

roadadvisor

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 26
2. Re: Dominical - February / never been to Costa Rica

Great suggestion by Roadadvisor Dylan at Sunset Surf, he has offices at Domilocos Hotel.

Restaurants in Dominical try Tortilla Flats for local food, Porqueno in Dominicalito at Costa Paraiso for great Fsh tacos & woodfire pizza. Restaurants in Uvita Restauran Marino Ballena (tico food), La Fogata (great firewood chcken), Picola Italia and also Ojochal for fine dining,

Ziplines at Hacienda Baru & Osa Cannopy also Manuel Antonio is only 40 to 50 min drive so the operators there are also an option. Visit Ventanas Beach and Marino Ballena Marine park.

Day trip to Corcovado National Park & Caño Island from Uvita beach. Here is some info on the areas tours and activities: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g635755-s4/Uvita:Cost…

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 6
3. Re: Dominical - February / never been to Costa Rica

For excellent food try the Restaurant at Hotel Cuna del Angel, for me is the best food in the area with a Restaurant with beautiful ocean and rain forest views. Take advantage and ask for the fishing boat they own and rent for fishing trips. The Manager there is Eduardo Calvo. Dominical is a beautiful area, very lush , green and yet close to the ocean. The one day trip to Corcovado from there is a good idea.

New Orleans
reviews: 1
4. Re: Dominical - February / never been to Costa Rica

Thanks for the great suggestions. Does anyone know of specific deep sea fishing captains in either Dominical and or Quepos?

Also, where should we do our grocery shopping?

Thanks.

Castle Rock...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Dominical - February / never been to Costa Rica

I have worked with Dylan Park at Sunset Surf, he is an excellent surf instructor and can help you book your tours.

6. Re: Dominical - February / never been to Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, January 06, 2014