We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach club? Secure beach parking

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 43
Beach club? Secure beach parking

Hi everyone,

We are renting a house & traveling with 2 young kids.

Is there a beach club around the Ballena park beaches? Can I get directions on how to get there?

I'm mainly looking for a secure parking area near a beach that is good for small children. I don't mind paying a fee to park or buying lunch there.

Thanks!!!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Beach club? Secure beach parking

Surfer or Thomas are two members that can answer that question...send them a PM...they are great decent people and they really know the area!

roadadivsor

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 28
2. Re: Beach club? Secure beach parking

Villa Leonor at Ballena Beach club is what you are looking for. They offer dinner Wednesday to Monday (Closed Tuesday) need to buy lunch or dinner the food is excellent in particular the Ahi Tuna, prices very reasonable and private access to the Marino Ballena Beach. About 7 km South of Uvita going to Ojochal, KM Marker 170km just after Hotel Cristal Ballena have a sign "Villa Leonor" at entrance. They have drinks, shower and secure parking.

Another option is Playa Ventanas beach just south of this place off the highway, it has caves you can explore with the kids at low tide and look for Drakes treasure. There is a secure parking at a private house with big metal gates there is a fee. Turn off the highway at Playa Ventanas sign (after Playa Piñuelas before Ojochal) folow dirt road until it comes to an end and there is a large gate on the right, go in.

Iowa
reviews: 43
3. Re: Beach club? Secure beach parking

Thank you both! Great directions Thomas.

I really appreciate your time & I can't wait for our visit

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Beach club? Secure beach parking

You are WELCOME..you see Thomas is just incredible...thank you Thomas! .

roadadvisor

5. Re: Beach club? Secure beach parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 20, 2013