We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unable to activate Kolbi data package

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 21
Unable to activate Kolbi data package

Hello. Thanks to the information on this forum, I easily found the Kolbi ICE kiosk at SJO and was able to get my prepaid SIM for my iPhone 4S. I popped it in and all the settings worked instantly, I didn't need to change the APN. I can get data, text etc. Yay!

But I've been trying to activate the data package so that I'm not charged so much. The woman at the kiosk said to text 6060 with "semana" for a week of data. I keep getting these messages:

"Tu plan kolbi internet prepago no se activo inténtalo nuevamente enviando un mensaje al 6060" (Your Kolbi internet plan is not active. try again by sending a message to 6060.)

So I try to send "semana" to 6060 again and get this message:

"Hay una orden de activacion de producto para este servico. Espere por favor." (There is a product for this service activation order. Please wait.)

I've waited a few hours. Tried again, same messages. Waited overnight, tried again, same messages.

Does anyone know how to fix? Sorry for the long post.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Unable to activate Kolbi data package

No problema with your post...sorry about the situation...the best find a ICE office ...they are everywhere ...!

roadadvisor

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
2. Re: Unable to activate Kolbi data package

you need to change the apn to get data. voice and text work on a different system.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
3. Re: Unable to activate Kolbi data package

it's either icecelular (note the spelling) or kolbi3g

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Unable to activate Kolbi data package

Thank you Sonny you are the best...always nice and decent advice!

roadadvisor

New York City, New...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Unable to activate Kolbi data package

@ Sonny - the data works fine actually, it's just being charged at the per kb rate rather than on the unlimited package. I've been using it since I put the SIM card in. the iPhone detected all the settings. It just wasn't activating the "semana" package. Phone calls & sms work great also.

But the problem is resolved and the data plan has been activated. Thank you, roadadvisor. You've answered many of my CR questions over the past few weeks and I really appreciate it!!

Playa Samara, Costa...
6. Re: Unable to activate Kolbi data package

how was the problem resolved? i have the same issue

7. Re: Unable to activate Kolbi data package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 24, 2013