We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain Villas

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 2
Mountain Villas

Hello,

My family and I were looking at renting a mountain villa outside Dominical and I was wondering how long does it take to get down to the beach? Also, is the road so bad that it becomes annoying to leave your house and make it down to town/beach?

Thank you

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Mountain Villas

Most of the time the ride down can be just 5 minutes...not a big deal...just be carefull and rent a 4x4...you most know how to engaged the 4x4...you will need it most of the cases going up or down...

roadadvisor

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 117
2. Re: Mountain Villas

We always stay on the mountain and drive down to surf. It's much cooler and the views are amazing. Some of the roads are challenging even with a 4 x 4 but that is part of the adventure. Dominical is low, hot, dusty, filled with mosquitoes and partiers. You'll sleep much better on the mountain and still be able to enjoy the Domincal scene. Don't miss Ojochal and the good restaurants. It's south of Dominical and a little hard to find but if you can find a copy of the local magazine Ballena Tales (out of Uvita), they have maps of the area in the magazine.

3. Re: Mountain Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 13, 2013