We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fruit Tour / Recommendations

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach...
reviews: 16
Fruit Tour / Recommendations

This is my second time in CR and I thought this forum would be a good place to get recommendations on where to find some samplings of the rich diversity of Costa Rican fruit.

Last time I visited I got to try Rambutan and Mangosteen which were both amazing. I've done some reading/research and I know most can be found at fruterias. I was hoping I could find a tour but nothing is turning up. Any suggestions or advice on where to find Costa Rica's delicious fruit including the rarer fruits?

Thanks for the help!

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: Fruit Tour / Recommendations

Wow!...wish I could offer you a tour source, but nothing..what a great idea though, a CR fruit tour. Any tour companies listening?

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
2. Re: Fruit Tour / Recommendations

The only fruit tour I know of is the pineapple tour on the road between San Jose and Limon www.agritourscr.com/pineapple-tour.html I haven't been on it myself so I can't tell you whether it is worth a visit or not. Maybe someone else will know.

The place where we find unusual fruit is at the farmers' markets which you can find all over the country. Obviously you'll only get what's in season at the time that you visit. Mangosteen is a big favourite of ours too! Try zapote, guanabana (soursap) as a drink, water apples (remind me of roses and rhubarb) and for the really brave, Noni (healthy but smells like something dead).

Good luck on your mission and please post your fruit discoveries when you return from your trip!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Fruit Tour / Recommendations

You can drive by Oortina any sunday... alot of fruits around there for some reason is call the fruit basket of Costa Rica...they even have a great festival...sorry I do not know the date for that festival!

roadadvisor

4. Re: Fruit Tour / Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 11, 2013