We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

Which Dominical hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

Can't believe there isn't more written on Southern Expeditions. They should be #1 for great adventures in the Dominical to Corcovado area. We did a day trip with this company to Corcovado Park. The tour started at 6:30. We were picked up promptly in a modern bus and drove to Sierpe where we transfered to a boat for a 40 minute ride down the river. After this we reached the open ocean, crossed a few waves and spent another 40 minutes in what was a beautiful trip close to an amazing shoreline. We arrived at San P. ranger station and from there did a 3 hour hike. The return trip was done in reverse with a side trip along the mangroves to see monkeys and crocadiles. Corcovado park was beautiful and unlike any other area we saw in CR. A true gem!

The guides were professional, knowledgeable and had a true passion for nature and the environment. It was the best value of any tours we took in CR and I would highly recommend it. What a great day to have for the last day of our 2 week trip. Truly a highlight!

Dominical, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Dominical
Level Contributor
506 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

I could not agree with you more. I recommend them so often I worry that I sound like an affiliate. My family and friends have taken many of their trips and never been disappointed. Southern Expeditions is an excellent operation. Another very satisfied customer here!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,953 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

Good to know...maybe with more people posting...they will become well known at the moment no many people know about them...that does not mean they are not good...just that nobody know who they may be!

roadadvisor

Dominical, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Dominical
Level Contributor
506 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

And I suppose I should post a link to their website in this thread in case someone is searching for information.

http://www.southernexpeditionscr.com/

The area from Dominica to Ojochal has been much less touristy and slower to develop, probably because of the old nasty drive between Dominical and Quepos. Now that road is one of the best in the country, instead of one of the worst, and I imagine we will have more and more visitors. And Southern Expeditions is a good tour provider for visitors who wants to discover what our area has to offer.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

well.. are these guys still around? i was going to research what they offer and prices. their website is "unavailable". and all i find now on the web are reviews of them.

if anyone knows please post more info on their contact info and prices of their packages of course if possible.

thank you

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

i found something about them. at least email and phone number. explorecostarica.com/newsmanager/publish/art…

i've sent an email inquiry of what i need. but hope this link helps the next person.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

in case the link does not work:

Southern Expeditions

Dominical, Southern Pacific

Costa Rica

Tel: 506-2787-0100

Email: expedicionessur@racsa.co.cr

Imlay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

We just booked with them and were really disappointed. They give you a voucher to go with Bahia Adventures for a higher price than booking directly with Bahia Adventures. I really wished I would have known that up front. Now I think I might be out $75. I have sent them an email regarding this so I will post a comment as to how it ends up or if I'm just screwed out of $75.

Dominical
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

Yes, I thought they had gone out of business. I do not think they have an office in Dominical anymore.

Dominical
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

Yes, I thought they had gone out of business. I do not think they have an office in Dominical anymore.

Dominical, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Dominical
Level Contributor
506 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Southern Expeditions Dominical Costa Rica

Yes, Southern Expeditions appears to be out of business. Too bad, they were a good outfit in their day. The are is growing and there are many new providers for the various trips Southern Expeditions used to provide.