We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odd question, is it freezing In doors?

Which Tempe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 115
Odd question, is it freezing In doors?

In the Deep South in August most of the commercial spaces blast the ac to the point of needing a sweater or light jacket. What is it like in restaurants and stores in Tempe this time if year? Do I really need to pack a long sleeve when it is 110 degrees?

5 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
1. Re: Odd question, is it freezing In doors?

AC might be refreshingly cool, but obviously not freezing. If you tend to feel cold in air conditioned environments, bring an extra layer. Perhaps you'll be more comfortable outdoors where mist is often used as a cooling device.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 31
2. Re: Odd question, is it freezing In doors?

Most places like restaurants tend to keep it pretty cool but not ice cold. If you're wearing a sleeveless top you may want a light cover but I usually don't need one. The coldest place is always the grocery store and at least you're moving around there.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 115
3. Re: Odd question, is it freezing In doors?

Thanks. In New Orleans it is the worst, but here in Atlanta I don't need a light jacket when indoors. Worse case I will have t buy some sun devil gear now that most of our $$$ is going to ASU;)

Scottsdale, Arizona
4. Re: Odd question, is it freezing In doors?

I find the coldest place to be a movie theater. You probably need something in there since you will be sitting for a couple of hours.

Comox, Canada
reviews: 198
5. Re: Odd question, is it freezing In doors?

Living on Vancouver Island I am not used to AC. Actually hate it but I have never felt cold in Az malls. You need ac in Atlanta to dry off lol from that terrible humidty. You will probably wonder why it feels so dry there.

Reply to: Odd question, is it freezing In doors?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted