We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

Which Tempe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vernon, Canada
reviews: 2
Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

Two ladies travelling to Phoenix in March... looking for a hotel that has airport shuttle. Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport had a deal going... however there were some negative reviews, particularly about the neighborhood (next to strip joint)... any comments on the safety of the area? Thanks for any info..

9 replies to this topic
Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
reviews: 69
1. Re: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

I am not famiiiar with that hotel. How many days will you be staying?

Edited: 6:13 pm, January 22, 2013
NoCal
reviews: 63
2. Re: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

If this location is on the southside of Baseline. I can not remember if I stayed there via a Priceline bid, there is a shopping mall across a busy street and it was next to a Shell gas station with a Popeyes fried chicken. If you have a car, it is a convenient place go to different locations in the Valley of the Sun.

Vernon, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

Thank you for the info!

NoCal
reviews: 63
4. Re: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

Also, it didn't seem unsafe or rift rafty, just watch the cars before you walk to the mall. If I remember, they do drive fast.

Tempe, AZ
reviews: 4
5. Re: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

Not a great neighborhood, and adjacent to some worse ones. Basically you won't want to be out walking around after dark.

I recommend the Courtyard Marriot on Ash.

reviews: 96
6. Re: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

I just stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott - Phoenix Airport and it was very nice. The Fairfield Inn is right across the parking lot, so you could stay there too. They have a free breakfast.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
7. Re: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

Are you referring to an Inn Suites hotel? I think it is. It's been refurbished, but it's not a nice location. The only positive I see is that it is across from Arizona Mills Mall.

Why are you coming to Phoenix? This hotel is not near the airport, even though they have airport in their name. Other than the mall, it is also not close to anything else. It is on the very south fringe of Tempe, and far from downtown Tempe.

If you don't plan to have a rental car, you will be marooned at your hotel just about anywhere in the Phoenix area. There are a few places with walkable dining and shopping such as downtown Scottsdale and Tempe. Otherwise you need a car to get around. Another way to get around is the light rail, and there are many hotels along or near its route, but it only goes between central Phoenix, downtown and Tempe.

Lethbridge, Canada
reviews: 4
8. Re: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

We stayed at this hotel for 12 nights back in August 2013. Didn't have any problems. Found everyone really nice and we actually liked the location.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
reviews: 69
9. Re: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe

This is an old thread and should probably be allowed to die.

Reply to: Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport on West Baseline Rd Tempe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted