We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why visit Suprise?

Which Surprise hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester,UK
reviews: 5
Why visit Suprise?

Hurray I'm the first here!

What tourist attractions are there in Suprise, Arizona?

Los Angeles...
reviews: 62
1. Re: Why visit Suprise?

An ex co worker lives there while he and his wife are building a home out by a nearby lake. At one time, it was a small little town but now, as Phoneix grows, it is really greater Phoenix suburbia. Del Webb's Sun City complexes are nearby and there are several large shopping areas (Starbuck's WalMart and Target in one mall). I am not sure about the surrounding area but know there is a lake nearby that's nice (where my friends are building their home).

Phoenix
reviews: 7
2. Re: Why visit Suprise?

Why would someone want to visit us?

Well during the Spring and if you're into baseball (Im thinking not since you live in the UK) we have a very nice Spring Training facility. There are nice areas to bike if you go west on Bell road where it finally gets into the desert. Pretty scenery out there! There are hiking trails in the desert too.

We have a great Aquatic Center which I have been to with my kids and they love it. There is also a man made pond to fish in near the Library.

We do have shopping here but your nearest mall is East on Bell Road and that's Arrowhead mall in Glendale/Peoria.

There are a lot of retirement communites in Surprise. If you see people driving very slow and not using their brains, you can bet they are the retirees, give them loads of room and you'll do ok.

You of course would have to make several day trips to other places and also go into Phoenix for some fun too!!

Surprise, Arizona
reviews: 71
3. Re: Why visit Suprise?

We moved to Surprise 4 years ago after living in the Phoenix area for 37 years. There is much to see and do here--the White Tank Mountains are full of wild life, hiking trails and beautiful Sonoran Desert vegetation. At times one of the local astronomy clubs meets there to view the incredible desert night sky. (Don't wear open shoes--rattlesnakes and scorpions also like the White Tanks). We are treated to our own wildlife, at times, walking around our back yards--javalina (pronounced Have Ah Lean Nah) (wild pigs) with their poor vision and ugly but funny faces, whole families of quail (babies are called peeps and look like fuzzy dandilions running around). Currently, we are enjoying 5 coyote pups which seem to get bigger by the day. At night, we are often serenaded by a full choir of coyote style 'music" yipping and yapping, We also have several different kinds of humming birds, owls and hawks flying around at various times. Nearby Lake Pleasant is a mecca to those who love water activities such as boating, picnicing, jet skies, etc. Each month brings a new restaurant, although we have our favorites especially Macayos which we have enjoyed for years in the Phoenix area. The road leading out of town leads to wonderfully western Wickenburg which is fun to explore and enjoy the local food. (We are partial to Rositas Mexican Restauant). And, if you go far enough--you'll find yourself in Vegas! <g>

Surprise, AZ
4. Re: Why visit Suprise?

Do play tennis, racquetball or table tennis? If you do, you'll love Arizona's finest facility. The new Surprise Tennis & Racquet Complex is almost totally completed and is only lacking some landscaping to make it one of the best in the world. Twenty-five courts, 17 of which are lighted for night play. They have lots of programs and drop-ins for all ages and if they get a proper website up and going, they will be truly a top notch place to play or view tournaments.

They are located right next to the renowned Heard Museum (West) location and just up the street from the baseball stadium.

All of the other posts have covered other attractions and I thought I would throw in my twopence. I might add that the senior citizens that are around are good people from many places in the world and offer a wonderful, stable mix with the variety of ages and lifestyles in the area.

Surprise, Arizona
reviews: 71
5. Re: Why visit Suprise?

A new park is being added as we speak, errrr, write! It's south of Bell Rd kind of in line with Wendy's and Long John Silvers. We lived in Phoenix for many years but Surprise is so much nicer--great neighbors. Now, all we need is a movie theater which seems to be coming soon! <g> The western town of Wickenburg is about half an hour away. The annual Gold Rush Days are great fun, several nice restaurants, Los Caberellos Museum (cowboy), western wear, and shops. The White Tank Mountains are very close and offer great hiking, picinic areas and exploring. Los Vegas, (not my favorite place) is within a days drive.

6. Re: Why visit Suprise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Surprise