We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When does it snow in Show Low?

Which Show Low hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surprise AZ
reviews: 2
When does it snow in Show Low?

What time of the winter would be the best to take the kids up to play in the snow?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
1. Re: When does it snow in Show Low?

I'm pretty sure they got snow last week. But just watch the local news and weather in PHX. They'll tell you when Sunrise ski area opens and what the conditions are like. That's the best gauge.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 31
2. Re: When does it snow in Show Low?

Hi katiew and welcome to the TA forums!

Usually January and February have heavier snowfall than sometime before Christmas (although we got 18" one Thanksgiving!). RedRox advice to check the evening weather is a good one. It'll give forecasts for snowfall and usually report the actual measurements for various areas after the storm rolls through. I use the webcam at Pinetop Country Club to know how much I will find in my cabin's driveway when I get there. It's under repair right now so check back in a few weeks to see if it's working. http://www.wmccpinetop.com/index.html

The only problem with checking conditions at Sunrise is they make snow and distribute it around the slopes so it is not a good indicator of how much is in Show Low or Pinetop. Plus it often gets snow when other areas do not.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 170
3. Re: When does it snow in Show Low?

This is the site I use to check the forecast before I go up to our home in Lakeside.

www.pinetoplakesidechamber.com/weather_.asp

They did get snow last week although it is very unusual for that to happen so early in the year. It kind of freaked out my landscaping company who had not winterized the watering system yet. We're praying it does not snow for Thanksgiving because we're all going up there to celebrate this year.

4. Re: When does it snow in Show Low?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 03, 2010