We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona with very small children

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 22
Sedona with very small children

We will be stopping in Sedona for a two-day visit during an extended multi-state Southwestern vacation in March. I am a little confused about how to schedule our time with our 3-year old in tow, as Sedona tourism does seem to be geared mostly to spa-loving adults and sports enthusiasts.

I don't think the Jeep tours would be appropriate for a toddler, but we did rent a 4 x 4 and do plan on doing a lot of touring on our own. Are there any self-guided tours/routes/paths that wouldn't be too rough for the little ones? Any other advice as "must sees" for the area that might be appropriate for families with young children?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 33
1. Re: Sedona with very small children

The Sedona Chamber of Commerce can help you with where beautiful parks for kids are, there are a number of them including one at Tlaqupaque, the most up scale shopping area in Sedona.

Yes, Sedona is targeting spa and "soft adventure" travel. If you are renting a Jeep from either Adventure Jeeps or Farbee's they will give you a map and advice about where to go. There are a lot of roads that are very well smoothed out.

I would look at the Center for Ecotourism, they have lots of things for kids to do including what great movies in their own theater and interpretive/educational things. They are located in Tlaquepaque.

I would also highly recommend Red Rock State Park. They have the best natural museum in Sedona and easy, easy trails. They also offer FREE INCREDIBLE interpretive hikes about geology and ecology of Sedona.

When you get to town check in with the Sedona Chamber of Commerce in Uptown. They have the most up to date information about every thing to do in Seonda!

But please do stop by the Sedona Chamber of Commerce in Uptown Sedona.

GA
reviews: 1
2. Re: Sedona with very small children

Since you have a 3 yr old and don;t wqant to do pink jeep tour.Go to www.sedonadrivetour.com and you can order a self driving tour CD and DVD

3. Re: Sedona with very small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 22, 2009