We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking brins mesa

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
hiking brins mesa

Hello. I am heading to Sedona in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has hiked Brins Mesa since the fire. Is it open? I have done it many times in the past and just love it there. I was hoping to do it again.

This forum has been very helpful! I have been looking at it for a few days and got lots of great ideas from everyone. Thanks!

Oh, I am also wondering where you can get a parking pass once you get into town. I am staying at the Amara.

Thanks for any info you might have.

Beth

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 33
1. Re: hiking brins mesa

Brins Mesa is sort of open. I do not recommend hiking there. Wilson Canyon is still dangerous and Wilson Mountain and Sterling Canyon are still closed. Stay out of there, the less human disturbance the more likely it will rehabilitate sooner.

There really are so many, many more beautiful trails in Sedona!!!!!

I highly recommend Cosmic Rays Hiking and Biking Map. He just updated it. Stop by Canyon Outfitters in West Sedona or Sedona Sports across from Tlaquepaque on Hwy 179 on Oak Creek.

If you want to see some pictures of the fire here they are. There are couple of websites that I put together and took the pictures for. A week after the fire I went out with the FS to rehabilitate the trails. You'll see my contribution at the bottom right of the page.

redrockcountry.org/about-us/baer-brins.shtml

2. Re: hiking brins mesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 18, 2009