We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outdoor adventure

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PHENIX CITY, AL
outdoor adventure

My fiance and I are wanting to plan a trip to AZ, We both love the outdoors, hikes, ride bikes, jeep rides, she would love to do some kind kind of ranch vacation and some sight seeing on horse back if possible. What are some good places?

Phoenix Az
reviews: 40
1. Re: outdoor adventure

You may want to check for more information on the mule rides down into the Grand Canyon for an overnight stay at Phantom Ranch at the bottom. This may depend on the time of year you will be coming to Az.

After a stay at the Grand Canyon, you will find many trails for hiking and horseback riding in the Sedona area.

I was able to find one Guest Ranch south of Kingman on I-40 exit 25 Yucca. I don’t know anything about it but I will provide two links to help you check it out.

http://www.stagecoachtrailsranch.com/

az.accommodationsusa.com/stagecoach.html

Maybe someone else knows of a guest ranch near Sedona?

Prescott, Arizona
2. Re: outdoor adventure

For a ranch vacation (dude ranch) , look at Wickenburg. Absolutely great place for that!

Sedona has wonderful jeep tours

Prescott has everything!

Mule rides into the Grand Canyon are absolutely fantastic but must be reserved almost a year in advance. They are really popular. You can hike the Canyon, though and it is gorgeous right now.

Phoenix Az
reviews: 40
3. Re: outdoor adventure

What time of year are you wanting to visit? Some places will get winding, cold, and snow at times.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 33
4. Re: outdoor adventure

Well, Sedona has some of the best hiking in the world that's why people visit here year after year. It is also a mountain biking mecca expecially for it's technical single track trails, check out www.sedonamtbadventures.com The Broken Arrow Jeep tour with Pink Jeeps is in a class of it's own www.pinkjeep.com. You can also do a horse back ride and cowboy cookout with M-Diamond Ranch, don't know their web address.

Sedona is a great place to centralize your vacation from in terms of the outdoors. Flagstaff is only 45 minutes away, SF Peaks, Sunset Crater, Wupatki, and the Grand Canyon is only 2 hours away.

The only thing I can't think of is a ranch type place to stay in Sedona. Garlands Lodge, if you're here in the spring summer or fall, their closed in the winter. Perhaps someone else has some ideas here.

Hope this helps

5. Re: outdoor adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sedona