We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking this weekend

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MN
reviews: 4
Hiking this weekend

I'm in Sedona now and hiked the Doe Mtn trail today. My original plan was to go to Jerome tomorrow since I missed that on my prior trip and then hike something off 179 on Saturday.

Now there is a chance of snow on Saturday. I'm from MN so other than it being a bit chilly and wet is there any reason to change my plans? I haves layers to stay warm, including gloves.

We're leaving Sunday afternoon but we'll be back again in June so I'm not really worried about missing anything if I change plans.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 68
1. Re: Hiking this weekend

Snowy or wet trails may be more slippery than you would like. If you plan to hike the Courthouse loop or Little Horse, you should be alright with a little moisture. If you are thinking about Cathedral Rock, I'd hike that before the weather comes in.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
2. Re: Hiking this weekend

Little Horse or Bell Rock pathway or Courthouse Loop should e fine. I'd stay off Cathedral Rock if it gets wet.

MN
3. Re: Hiking this weekend

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like it might rain or snow off and on all day now so I might need to find something else to do that day.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
4. Re: Hiking this weekend

There's no problem with being outdoors in the weather. But I would limit the time and aggressive aspects of hiking. There's still plenty to see and do.

MN
5. Re: Hiking this weekend

Definitely plenty to do here. I'll just be flexible tomorrow. If it clears up I'll take a quick hike. Worst case scenario is that I do a scenic drive and find spots to hang out and watch the snow and the way the red rocks look in the different light. Then maybe wander around shops. That's a pretty good worst case scenario in my book :)

Sedona, Arizona
reviews: 3
6. Re: Hiking this weekend

How was Sedona today? I thought the snow added to the beauty of the red rocks. There was a spectacular sunset with the sun shining thru on the red rocks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
7. Re: Hiking this weekend

I received a huge file of photos from Sedona today from my friend Rusty. Stunning

Sedona, Arizona
reviews: 3
8. Re: Hiking this weekend

The sunset tonight was one of the best I've seen in 20+yrs in VV. Cars were parking off 89a right in the middle of Sedona, close to the building where the former realty business getting turning into restaurant was. The views there were especially spectacular.

MN
9. Re: Hiking this weekend

It was beautiful. I didn't really hike yesterday. Instead, I drove around the Red Rock Loop and then 179 and stopped in a few places to sit and watch the snow fall on the rocks. It was another great visit to Sedona.

Huntingdon Valley...
reviews: 10
10. Re: Hiking this weekend

Hey RR

Any chance of sharing some of those stunning Photos? Unfortunately, the Sedonavision webcam seems frozen in place or down right now so we can't see the views with the snow!