We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona to GC

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Benfleet,essex
reviews: 3
Sedona to GC

Hi all

Would it be possible to drive from Sedona to Grand Canyon spend 2/3 hours then drive to Cameron trading post stay the night then onto Page

We will be there in June

Thanks enjoy

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 129
1. Re: Sedona to GC

Yes that is very doable.

Drive from Sedona to the main gate at the GCNP at Tusayan. It will take about 2 hours. The route is 89A north to I-17 north to I-40 west to AZ64 at Williams and then north into the park. You can and should spend several hours in the park. You'll follow AZ64 through the park along the east rim road to Desert View, where you'll get your last look at the GC before exiting the park there. From that gate it's about 30 minutes down to the Cameron Trading Post or just over 2 hours to Page.

Benfleet,essex
2. Re: Sedona to GC

Thanks Redrox for a quick reply

Looking forward to how three week tour

Thanks enjoy

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
3. Re: Sedona to GC

If you have 3 weeks, 2-3 hours will not do justice to visiting the Grand Canyon.

Sedona, Arizona
4. Re: Sedona to GC

If you have that much time, book at night at the GC and work the rest of your trip around that. If you are also touring southern AZ, make a trip to http://azstateparks.com/parks/kaca/

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
5. Re: Sedona to GC

Agreeing. If you have 3 weeks it would be a shame to not spend at least one night inside the park.

Brentwood, Tennessee
6. Re: Sedona to GC

Anyone have experience with the pink jeep day tour from sedona to grand canyon

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
7. Re: Sedona to GC

Yes. It's a good tour, but I still advise driving yourself and touring on your own.

Benfleet,essex
8. Re: Sedona to GC

Hi All

Thanks for comments,the reason on not staying at GC we stayed there a few years ago at the hotel on the rim watching sunrise and set was great

So we are back to hopefully see the rest of the parks

I know are said 3 weeks but how tour starts in Pheonix 2nts/Sedona 2nts/View hotel MV 2nts and 2nts Las Vegas before fly home,rest of time seeing as much as we can

I'am in the process of working a route from Sedona to LV any ideas welcomed

Thanks enjoy

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 60
9. Re: Sedona to GC

What are your interests. Possibilities include

Mesa Verde

Moab

Capital Reef

Bryce Canyon

Zion

I'd spend more time at fewer locations, but you seem to like short stops. Also, it would help to know when you are traveling.

10. Re: Sedona to GC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 13, 2014