We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona in March with an active 10 year old

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Louis
reviews: 1
Sedona in March with an active 10 year old

We will be visiting AZ in mid March and will spend 4 days in Scottsdale visiting friends and 3 days in Sedona with 1 day being a day trip to GCNP. I am looking for recommendations for great hikes (we're all pretty fit) or outdoor activities for our family as well as dining options etc. What weather should we expect in Sedona in March? I'm sure it will be cooler then Scottsdale, just not sure how much. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 148
1. Re: Sedona in March with an active 10 year old

Read the Itineraries on the right side of this page. You have two days in Sedona. Hike at Bell Rock and at Red Rock Crossing. Also read the restaurant links from this page and then ask specific questions about the places that interest you. At the very least give us a budget and tell us what you like to eat.

Expect days to be pleasant but know that snow is possible. Nights will be very cold. GCNP will be winter

Edited: 2:07 am, February 06, 2013
Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
reviews: 224
2. Re: Sedona in March with an active 10 year old

I would suggest the Pink Jeep Broken Arrow Tour and then possibly take a lunch to Red Rock Crossing. Plenty for him/her to explore along the creek and the wooded area. It's a lovely spot with great views and a nice area to take a good hike.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 35
3. Re: Sedona in March with an active 10 year old

Two days isn't much time to spend here. Your son will probably love the Pink Jeep Tour, so schedule that at the beginning of your trip.

As you enter the area check in at the Visitor Center in the Village of Oak Creek and get a parking permit plus information plus great photo op.

Hiking: look up Montezuma's Castle and Circle V Bar V (short hike/walk with educational value). Circle V Bar V is open limited days and hours.

Breakfast: Coffee Pot

Lunch: Sedona Memories (limited seating, weekdays only) Great sandwiches, huge portions

Dinner with a 10-year-old: Pizza? Pago's or the Hideaway. I would choose Elote Cafe for Southwestern food, but not sure about your son

Edited: 11:26 am, February 06, 2013
4. Re: Sedona in March with an active 10 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 08, 2014