We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona or oak Creek

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans
reviews: 2
Sedona or oak Creek

Hi, We will be staying in Sedona for two days in April. Will arrive around 12:00 pm and look around a bit, spend the night then rent a jeep for the next day and then leave that next morning for the grand canyon. Question is...Should I spend a 150.00-200.00 a night in Sedona or just stay in Oak Creek for around 80-100? Also, What proporties do you guys recommend? It looks like most places are old which is OK just hard to tell based on the reviews...Thanks, Steve

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 32
1. Re: Sedona or oak Creek

The Village of Oak Creek is 6 miles south of Sedona, and it has a relaxed ambiance. It will take approximately 15-20 minutes to get to Sedona, and some of the attractions such as Bell Rock, Cathedral Rock, and Courthouse are in "VOC," as it is called. In addition to lower prices, I am pretty sure there is no room tax because it is an unincorporated area, so there's no city tax..

I live in the Village because there are many things I like about it!

I suggest looking at reviews for the Wildflower Inn, where we've had overflow guests stay, and Desert Quail Inn (ranked #4in the area).. Red Agave is another possibility.

New Orleans
reviews: 2
2. Re: Sedona or oak Creek

Thanks...

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 7
3. Re: Sedona or oak Creek

For a mere two night stay, you are not going to be in the room much. If you are, then you are missing Sedona : )

I would go with a less expensive, but decent property to save on the budget. Everything in Sedona is close enough so it won't matter if you are staying in VOC.

4. Re: Sedona or oak Creek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 07, 2014