We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Fees ?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Park Fees ?

We are going for a two week stay in Sedona and to see the area. In Manitoba we have a provincial park fee which allows you to visit all the provincial parks. I keep looking at the park fees and it seems everywhere you go you have to pay an entrance fee. Is there no such park fee that allows you to visit all the parks for one price? I am assuming no.

25 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
reviews: 20
11. Re: Park Fees ?

<<<Can you get the hanger at the visitor's center in Sedona?>>>

I would like to know this as well. Is the only place near Sedona to get the hanging tag (for ATB Pass) at the Red Rock Ranger Station on Hwy 179 ??

Can you pick this up anywhere else around Sedona??

Thanks.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
reviews: 485
12. Re: Park Fees ?

I got mine last year at the Chamber of Commerce in town just off 89A .

Edited: 12:58 pm, February 06, 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 5
13. Re: Park Fees ?

Can you get all of these passes at that one ranger station or will we have to waste time hunting for places to get them each time we want to go somewhere? If the passes are a pain to get and they're just for parking could we just call a cab to take us when we want to go?

This is all starting to sound much more complicated than we originally thought

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
14. Re: Park Fees ?

Its really quite simple. And you certainly won't be calling a cab to go to any of those destinations. The only way you can waste time in Sedona is to stay in your room or lay around by a pool.

Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 5
15. Re: Park Fees ?

That's the problem I'm noticing RedRox: usually on vacation we do one of 2 things: lay by a pool/beach or wander around a foreign city shopping and drinking wine.

Since I'm pregnant we opted not to do a city vacation (not relaxing) and since we live in Miami and have been to the Caribbean a million times we thought we'd be bored of that.

I don't know how to relax without a pool/beach and March will be too cold for the pool. Sedona is starting to seem like it will be a lot of hiking for us (which I really shouldn't be doing) since I can't do the jeep tour, baloon ride, helicopter, horseback riding, or most of the other excursions. If it was warm I would lay by the pool and look at the mountains. We haven't booked our flight yet and I'm starting to wonder if we should cancel our hotel, it's stressing me out.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
16. Re: Park Fees ?

I have posted numerous times about how people often get intimidated by the word 'hike'.

In Sedona you can drive to most of the most scenic places and then simply get out of the car and wander. Your wander might be as little as 50 feet or as long as a 1/2 mile, or anything in between. And there is no reason to go any faster or any farther than you feel like going. The views are everywhere. The important thing you must do is give it time.

So if you stop at a view point, get out of the car, walk a few steps to a convenient rock and plant yourself. It beats the heck out of what you would see from a chaise at a pool. Most views are 360 degrees and they are so incredible that you can't take it all in without sitting and watching for a good amount of time. That might be as little as 5 minutes, but it will likely be better if it's more like 25 minutes.

Extended hikes or jeep tours will get you deeper into the back country, but they won't change the peace and calmness and red rock majesty that you can see and experience from the roadside.

If you're getting stressed, Sedona is one place where you can release all of that. Just give it time.

Cambridge...
reviews: 1
17. Re: Park Fees ?

Meliward, it sounds like Scottsdale would be more suitable to your needs. Plenty of resorts with pools and it is lot warmer. You can also take short hikes in the mountains surrounding the area.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 19
18. Re: Park Fees ?

There is a national parks pass for seniors that will get yourself and three others in to any national park for a one time fee of $25. They can only be purchased at a national park office.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
19. Re: Park Fees ?

Actually the Senior Pass is a $10 fee and it is good for as long as you live. It can be purchased at any National Park or National Monument entry gate. It can also be purchased on line. Of course, photo ID is required, as it will be required for any use in the future.

Just to clarify, it covers only NATIONAL parks and monuments. The OP asked about other parks in Sedona. Many are state or local parks that require separate fees.

Edited: 11:48 pm, July 30, 2013
Brooklyn
reviews: 27
20. Re: Park Fees ?

I know I have addressed this before in another thread, and i just got off the phone with a NP Ranger, and I am STILL confused! For Crescent Moon/RR Crossing, Grasshopper Point, and Call O'the Canyon/West Fork Trailhead, is it correct that only the Grand Annual Red Rock, not the Weekly Red Rock, is acceptable? The ranger told me that, because I have the NPS ATB Access pass, that the RR pass is superfluous for the most part, and that if I want to save some money on those three locales, I should look into the "Big Three" pass. But I cant seem to find definitive information on how much, where to purchase, etc. for the Big Three.

Any clarification anyone?

Reply to: Park Fees ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted