We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Fees ?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Park Fees ?

We are going for a two week stay in Sedona and to see the area. In Manitoba we have a provincial park fee which allows you to visit all the provincial parks. I keep looking at the park fees and it seems everywhere you go you have to pay an entrance fee. Is there no such park fee that allows you to visit all the parks for one price? I am assuming no.

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 6
1. Re: Park Fees ?

You can buy a National Parks Pass, good for 12 months, that allows entry to all National Parks, Forests, and Monuments.

pass.usparkpermits.com/results.asp…

It does not cover State Parks, but with the National Parks Pass, you would not need to buy a separat Red Rocks Pass.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
reviews: 175
2. Re: Park Fees ?

Red Rock Crossing State Park is $9.00 per carload.

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 20
3. Re: Park Fees ?

Sorry to hijack. So if we have an America the Beautiful annual National Park Pass, we don't need to buy a Red Rock Pass to park at Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, etc?? That would be great...not that it's expensive, but it would be nice knowing we could take that off our list. Do we just display the NP pass on the dashboard?? (sorry for being dense about this...this is the first time I have heard about this).

Red Rock Crossing is extra I see...what about the trail head for West Fork.? I read somewhere that it cost $9.00 per car load as well.

Another question...BLM?? Does the NP cover those as well...Glen Canyon Dam, Wirepass trailhead, Lake mead CA, etc??

Edited: 9:50 pm, February 01, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
4. Re: Park Fees ?

When you buy the pass, ask for a hanger for it. The card fits into a slot on the hanger and it just hooks over the rear view mirror.

I don't know about West Fork, maybe someone can let you know about that. But the pass is supposed to cover anything managed by BLM.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
5. Re: Park Fees ?

This website will give you more info:

redrockcountry.org/passes-and-permits/index.…

Even if you already have the National pass, you still need to stop at the Ranger Station to get a hang-tag to display it.

The national America The Beautiful pass is good for a variety of national lands, including parks, forests, BLM, Bureau of Reclamation, wildlife refuges, etc.

See this website:

http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm

Arizona State Parks has an annual pass, but there are only two State Parks in Sedona, so probably not worth the price unless you will be visiting more State Parks within the year.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
6. Re: Park Fees ?

Crescent Moon State Park aka Red Rock Crossing, Slide Rock State Park, Grasshopper Point State Park and West Fork State Park are all state parks that are not covered by a National Parks pass. However, you can buy a multi state park pass if you expect to visit them all. West Fork might not be included in the multi pass. Check the Arizona State Park website for up to date info. It has been evolving.

Your NPS pass will serve as a Red Rock Parking pass at all national forest land trailheads.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
reviews: 484
7. Re: Park Fees ?

The National Parks Pass is definitively not honored at the West Fork parking - we found that out the hard way last year. But if you're in the area for two weeks I guess getting the Pass will definitely make sense as you might go to several NPs - also be aware though that it doesn't cover parks on tribal land.

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 20
8. Re: Park Fees ?

Thank you for all of this information. I had checked out some of the links previously, but honestly, some of it confused me. We are from Canada, so I get mixed up on what are National Parks, State Parks, BLM, Red Rock areas, etc. as I am unfamiliar with your park system.

I checked out the links you have provided...thank you. Also, the written info you all gave me was most helpful.

We are coming in from Oak Creek Canyon about lunch time and our first stop will either be Cathedral Rock or Views Inn. Where is it best to stop at a Ranger Station to pick up the hanger? Does Uptown have one?

Thanks. :)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
9. Re: Park Fees ?

You'll need to go to the Red Rock Ranger Station on Hwy 179 about 10 miles south of the junction at 89A for the hanger for your RRP. You will pass Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock and Views Inn in the process.

birmingham, mi
reviews: 4
10. Re: Park Fees ?

Can you get the hanger at the visitor's center in Sedona?