We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 5
holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Our week is booked for Sedona (end of March) and we're super excited. We had been looking at possibly going to Utah for a night or 2 but don't really feel like doing the drive. So in the course of googling what a slot canyon is I discovered that the Antelope canyon in Page is the scenery I was wanting to go to Utah to see. So good news much closer!

Since Utah is now out but we have some days/$ to play with we are wanting to take a quick side trip to Page. I see it's about 3 hours away so we'd probably like to stay a night. Is one night good (we only have 6 in Sedona)? I'd stay a 2nd but would rather not since that would be 2 nights paying for a hotel we're not in (especially since upping it up to 2 would require my entire suitcase instead of an overnight bag)

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
reviews: 73
11. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Although March is not yet pool and/or swimming weather at the lake, you might try and leave some time open to do the Colorado River float trip.

March, though still a "transitional" time between winter and spring, can sometimes offer some fairly pleasant weather. Sunny but brisk, that kind of thing. Temperatures in Glen Canyon, where the float trip occurs, are typically a few degrees warmer than the rimside. You'd probably still need to dress warmly on the raft, but the scenery is still beautiful. Plus this particular stretch of the river has no rapids at all, so you won't get wet unless someone gets a wild hair and decides to jump in ;-) March is shoulder season, so reservations can usually be obtained on shorter notice. Maybe keep an eye on the weather and if it cooperates, bonus - you get a raft trip. www.raftthecanyon.com or 928-645-9175 The float trip runs once daily at 11 am in March.

As for lodging, everyone has given good suggestions. If you want to splurge a bit, but not go totally overboard, maybe consider the Lake Powell Resort. Great location, extensive complex w/all needs (dining, shopping, etc.) able to be met on-site, short distance from town. In my case, whenever I visit Page (lived there 15+ years, occasionally return there for business, family visits, etc.) I stay at Debbie's Hideaway, which is in one of the residential areas of town. For about the same price as a traditional hotel or motel room, you get an apartment with separate sleeping rooms and a full kitchen. I personally prefer to do my own cooking seeing as though I've made the rounds of all the restaurants in town.

Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 5
12. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Thank you all for the relplies! I think we'll definitly do a trip up there. The raft is something I might consider if it's very unseasonably warm, otherwise I'd probably prefer to stay on dry land without risking wet feet or anything like that.

I looked at the Days in and the Comfort and Marriott and probably will go with one of those a little closer when we decide which day we'd prefer. My husband found Amangiri a couple weeks ago when we were still planning Sedona and it looks AMAZING, but I agree that it's probably not the kind of place you'd only want to be for one night, plus it's probably better in summer when you can take advantage of that pool!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
13. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

The raft trip would require a second night at Page.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
14. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

No wet feet at the raft at all. It's a fantastic trip. You also are at the foot of Glen Canyon Dam before the raft starts and a bus will bring you back to Page from Lees ferry and drives over Navajo Bridges.

Beaufort, South...
reviews: 3
15. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

We will be arriving in April for another 2 weeks.This will be our 9th trip from Southeast Georgia. (near Savannah) Are you flying into Phx.? Normally we go thru Sedona first but to save a couple hours of drive time we will go thru Flagstaff this time. Wupatki/Sunset Crater located between Flagstaff and Cameron Trading Post..You can turn in on your right and it makes a half moon loop and comes right back out to the same road. CTP is where we will spend the first & 2nd night, Leaving the next morning for Page (90 miles) for hopefully the 11:30 Antelope Canyon Tour. This will be several attemps to take this tour. If the weather is not right it's not worth it. Have to have a sunny day. So far for some reason we always have cloudy skies. So check your weather often before leaving. Little else to do after taking a peak of Lake Mead. Alternative is Grand Canyon or Monument Valley. Check out the site for CTP, it will give you info.. MV 2 hours- GC 30 mintues from back entrance. Tuba city and Kayenta have museum's of the Navajo Windtalkers. 2 night's in MV and Mexican Hat Utah before heading back to CTP. We use it for a base while in this area. Next morning heading into GC for 2 more nights, leaving GC I will go thru Williams on route back to Sedona where we have 7 awesome nights at our timeshare, Sedona Summit.(amazing place) DO NOT miss Red Rock Park and Crossing. Most photographed spot in Sedona. Don't know your age but this is seen many times (John Wayne movies filmed there) Best entrance for amazing views across from SS (left at red light) Jerome (view from Mingus Mt.) Oh, And if Antelope Canyon does not work out CTP will give you the option for a day trip to MV or GC. It is Native owned and operated. Can not say enough good things about it. 7th time staying here. I am bringing 3 new family member's this trip and I am just excited to revisit as I was my 1st trip. Hope this helps or at least makes some sense.. I do get excited when I talk about my trips.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
16. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Think the previous poster is referring to Lake Powell. Not Lake Mead ;)

Beaufort, South...
reviews: 3
17. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Sorry, I did mean Lake Powell.

18. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sedona