We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 5
holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Our week is booked for Sedona (end of March) and we're super excited. We had been looking at possibly going to Utah for a night or 2 but don't really feel like doing the drive. So in the course of googling what a slot canyon is I discovered that the Antelope canyon in Page is the scenery I was wanting to go to Utah to see. So good news much closer!

Since Utah is now out but we have some days/$ to play with we are wanting to take a quick side trip to Page. I see it's about 3 hours away so we'd probably like to stay a night. Is one night good (we only have 6 in Sedona)? I'd stay a 2nd but would rather not since that would be 2 nights paying for a hotel we're not in (especially since upping it up to 2 would require my entire suitcase instead of an overnight bag)

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 7
1. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

March is still sort of off season up there as far as water activities go. The raft trips start in March,you might find a canyon boat tour, but most everything else water related starts around April.

www.raftthecanyon.com

www.lakepowell.com

www.antelopepointlakepowell.com

However, land based things like Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend, and hiking in the area is in full swing as the temps are mild.

Other sights in the area are Navajo Bridge,and Lees Ferry.

Edited: 10:43 pm, January 22, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
2. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

One night at Page will be sufficient to tour Antelope Canyon and get in a short hike to the Horseshoe Bend Overlook, along with a peek at the dam and the south end of Lake Powell.

In March I wouldn't encourage planning anything that involves being on the water. Save that for a return trip in warmer months.

Miami Beach, Florida
3. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

also forgot to ask: Any hotel reccomendations for Page? I'd like to stay somewhere nice. Thanks!

Miami Beach, Florida
4. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Thanks for the info! Yeah definitly not doing water activities in March! I live in Miami and I don't go in the water right now b/c it's too cold for me. I really just want to see Antelope and take some pictures and maybe Horseshoe (I have to look that one up) so it looks like a night will be plenty

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
5. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

There's a Marriott there that's pretty nice. The new Days Inn gets the highest marks. The newer Comfort Inn could be even better, but it has only just opened.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
6. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

If you want to stay somewhere really nice, Google Amangiri Resort.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
7. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

I was going to suggest Amangiri, but it's no place to go for a single night.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
8. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

Love the title of your post!

You can get by with one night in Page. Definitely Antelope Slot Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Overlook. A couple other quick easy sites I like to recommend are the Dam Overlook, which is on Scenic View Rd near Denny's restaurant. Also, Wahweap Overlook (best at sunset), which is about 3 miles north of the dam on Hwy 89....watch for little "scenic view" sign and turn right to go up the hill.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
9. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

There're a lot of places to see on the way to Page like Walnut Canyon, Sunset Cartewr, Wupatki, Cameron Trading post and with a detour Navajo Bridges, Marble Canyon and Lees ferry. We liked Days''s Inn but also Courtyard by Marriott.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
reviews: 168
10. Re: holy crap just discovered Page! Quick questions...

The Days Inn has some really good rates for March and April, especially if you are AAA or AARP. We love the Days Inn. For a good meal try in Page eat at Bonkers or The Dam Bar and Grill.