We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 15
Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

I have a 10 year old horse lover who would love to do a trail ride while in Sedona at the end of March. I've been doing some research and came across a website for Sedona Activity Center which offers a 1 1/2 hour trail ride at "Horsin Around Adventures" at a significant discount from booking directly through the website. We're not "horse people" so an easy" nose to tail" ride would be just fine with us and would make my daughters trip a great one! Does anyone know anything about The Sedona Activity Center ? Are they a reliable tour company ? Any info about Horsin' Around Adventures would also be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
1. Re: Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

I can't say for sure, but generally a discount offer like that would come from a timeshare booking agency. Read the fine print. Your savings might require a 90-120 minute sales presentation tour at one of the local timeshare resorts. For some folks this can be a good incentive, but your schedule is way too tight already.

Ohio
2. Re: Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

Thanks! I hadn't thought of that....I'll check it out. Any other suggestions for a nice trail ride that would make a 10 year old happy for a couple of hours? Any info/advice would be most welcome!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
3. Re: Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

MDiamond Ranch is probably the best. The downside is that all of the trail rides are away from the Red Rock Country that is Sedona. And yes, they are very tame, nose to tail affairs.

Sedona, Arizona
4. Re: Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

They do a great job at Sedona Activity Center, my family was very pleased, great discounts!

Ohio
5. Re: Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

Thanks for your replies! I did check and Sedona Activity Center does not present timeshares. They were very friendly and professional and easy to deal with. They always returned calls promptly whenever I had to leave a message so we went ahead and booked through them! Soooooo looking forward to our trip!

Florida
reviews: 2
6. Re: Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

No Time Share Pressure??

RT

San Francisco...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

Pressured to attend timeshare meeting. When declining the offer, the attitude of staff changed and became confrontational.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
8. Re: Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

As I thought. Reply number 4 Deb C is a one time poster with a misleading statement about the subject. Probably an employee. Minimom, in your research and reply number 5 discovered that over the phone there is no mention of timeshares. And true, they don't do sales presentation on site at the SAC. In fact timeshare is a banned word. But SAC and other "free information centers" around Sedona are businesses that derive all of their revenue in commissions from the various tour companies and the local vacation ownership (aka timeshare) properties.

Yes, they can sell you a helicopter flight or a horseback ride or a jeep tour. They will earn a small fee from those companies. OR they can offer you a significant discount, often 50% off or more, if you will agree to attend a "vacation ownership" presentation elsewhere. That's where they make the most money and that is their primary function.

As I said in reply 1, these can be a good deal for some people and depending on your available time and level of interest, you might want to use these facilities for booking. But beware of the initial deception. Timeshare resorts are big business in Sedona. This is a very desirable destination. The hawkers and the local sales reps are among the best in the business.

9. Re: Anyone booked through Sedona Activity Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sedona