We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona to Williams?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 14
Sedona to Williams?

We're planning on taking a day to drive to Williams from Sedona to do Bearizona with our 2 little girls. We had figured on making a day of it in Williams but from an earlier question that I had posted I gather that there is not whole lot to do in Williams other than Bearizona then grab some lunch and head back to Sedona. So I am wondering if there is anything that we could stop and see/do either on the way there or back? Thanks!

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
reviews: 81
1. Re: Sedona to Williams?

Walnut Canyon as stated in one of your other posts. Also Sunset Crater and Wupatki. Then there is the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff. http://www.lowell.edu/visit_activities.php

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 118
2. Re: Sedona to Williams?

I'll agree that Walnut Canyon and Wupatki are both excellent ruins sites to tour. They are on the east side of Flagstaff while Williams is west. But the distance/time from Williams back to either ruins NM is less than an hour.

You should do a loop on your GCNP visit the day before. Plan to enter via the east gate at Desert View and exit the main gate at Tusayan. This route will take you past the entrance and exit for Wupatki/Sunset Crater on the way up, and past Berizona and through Williams on the way back. If nothing else, at least you'll have a handle on where those places are.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
3. Re: Sedona to Williams?

Maybe the little girls also will like Bedrock City in Valle north of Williams with the big Fred standing in front of it.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
reviews: 479
4. Re: Sedona to Williams?

Or a short trip to Seligman - but that's a bit further west still from Williams, just off I-40.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
reviews: 54
5. Re: Sedona to Williams?

Or, On the Sedona return, make a day of it... After the "rim" attractions, continue on the-40 down to Ash Fork and South on the 89 to the 89a... A stop in Jerome, for a looksee & Cottonwood (for supplies)...carracar

Ohio
reviews: 14
6. Re: Sedona to Williams?

Thank you everyone! So many great suggestions! I will check them all out ! Your replies are very much appreciated!