We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Age Question December 2012

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
reviews: 369
New Age Question December 2012

Our German New Age friend tells us there will be some major happening in Sedona at the time we will be there, December 21. We are not new age believers, nor Mayan calendar enthusiasts, but want to keep our eyes and ears open for possible events that will fill restaurants, hotels, or hiking trails to "energy" spots. Any clue if there is something happening then?

Thanks!

ZB

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 60
1. Re: New Age Question December 2012

It should be sunny, and the temperature will be mild. Otherwise, it will likely be a normal day in Sedona.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
2. Re: New Age Question December 2012

Thanks. She just keeps insisting there is some special speaker from somewhere and all kinds of people are going to show up to see him/her. I also am quite sure the sun will come out and the day will be bright and sunny and the moon will also rise.

ZB

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
3. Re: New Age Question December 2012

I think it's safe to say that even the most special new age speaker will have little to no effect on crowds at Sedona eateries.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 8
4. Re: New Age Question December 2012

Did a Google search and came up with this. That's probably what your friend is referring to.

http://www.2012sedona.com

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
5. Re: New Age Question December 2012

oh My Goodness. This must be it. Sounds like it will not be so well attended as to disrupt traffic or our plans!

Thanks!

ZB

tucson az
Destination Expert
6. Re: New Age Question December 2012

In 1987 during the great "harmonic convergence" people allegedly paid money to sit on Bell Rock because it was going to launch itself to the Andromeda Galaxy. Really! There is supposedly a huge crystal inside Bell Rock which powers alien spacecraft.

If you do some online research, you can find all kinds of wacko information about Sedona.

Well, Bell Rock is still sitting there. It's a huge sandstone formation. Like all the red rocks, there is iron present in the stone.

The Sedona area is one of the most scenic areas I have ever seen. To me, its power is in the beauty, best seen from many places outside the town itself. Does it have special powers emanating from the earth? Beauty brings peace.

A modern-day Mayan shaman is reported to have said, "1000 years ago, who needed a calendar that went more than 1000 years into the future?"

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
7. Re: New Age Question December 2012

We are hoping to do some hiking and will watch out for large floating rocks headed skyward. Otherwise, we too were thinking more about the beauty of the place and were most worried about extra terrestrials taking up accomodation and restaurant space...we already have our rental car so not so worried about that!

ZB

Sedona, Arizona...
8. Re: New Age Question December 2012

Or this: http://www.thesedonanowagefestival.com/

tucson az
Destination Expert
9. Re: New Age Question December 2012

Now that is truly wacko stuff, IMO!

"....freely shares the information she receives from the Beings of Light in the Realms of Illumined Truth.... as we continue our Ascension up the Spiral of Evolution into the 5th Dimension ....."

Sorry, dudes, I'm planning on staying right here on Planet Earth on December 21 and every day following until my demise. No alien beings are sending me messages. And I'm not expecting anything to happen that day except maybe for some people with strange beliefs becoming rather disappointed that they have to stay here, too.

10. Re: New Age Question December 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sedona