We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona and dog friendly hotels

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 4
Sedona and dog friendly hotels

Wow, have I been sorely disappointed by the so called "pet friendly" hotels in Sedona. Every hotel here that allows dogs only allows them on the dark first floors and in many cases only the regular rooms. My husband and I like suites with great views. I am a landlord, so I understand the problems that might arise when allowing dogs. We are very respectful, have a very friendly dog that does not bark , he almost always goes with us when we leave the hotel and we do not ever take our dog for elimination walks on hotel grounds (my feeling is even if you pick up your dog's pile it is rude to have him urinate where people are walking). But inside the problems dogs can cause is barking (which can annoy everyone else and the dog owners should have to deal with it), and potential damage, which the owner should of course pay. I understand having some rooms off limits for allergy purposes, but why are we always stuck in the bottom floors? The irony is we usually get stuck under someone who lets their kids go nuts and cause ongoing and overbearing noise. I have no problem paying and extra cleaning fee. The hotel operators in Sedona need to learn the difference between accepting dogs and being dog friendly. Never had this experience where every hotel in a town has this same stupid policy. Is there some town law on this? What purpose does it serve?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
1. Re: Sedona and dog friendly hotels

I think it's common sense. When I travel with my dogs I always request a ground floor unit. It makes it faster and easier to get the dogs outside to a suitable place to do their business. It's been my observation that in most PF lodging, not only are the PF rooms on the ground level, they are also located closer to the exit doors.

Sedona has an amazing percentage of PF hotel choices. I doubt that you've had time to try them all. If being on an upper floor is just as much of a priority, make some phone calls. Or choose a single story motel. There are plenty of those too.

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 4
2. Re: Sedona and dog friendly hotels

Thanks RedRox, But I did try every single PF hotel in Sedona and many also have size restrictions, another silly policy. Our dog is over 50 lbs. The one story nice hotel that has a view will only let us stay in their basic studio cottage and wants to charge $50 extra a day for a small space which is almost $400 a day. We are not the Motel 6 type, but we are not stupid with our money either. The place does not look worth the money. We have traveled all over, and have stayed on top floors with our dog and it has never presented a problem. I think we have decided to skip Sedona, But thanks for the advice.

Phoenix, Arizona
3. Re: Sedona and dog friendly hotels

The wife and I have stayed at the La Quinta inn and they have the same first floor policy. We didn't really care about the scenery since just driving 2 minutes down the road offered great views and we don't stay in the room except to sleep anyway.

The hotel itself was nice and the rooms designated for pets were all wood (laminate) flooring which was a first for us. RedRox has a point in that it sure was nice to be close to the exit and the dog run area. We'd stay there again.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
reviews: 211
4. Re: Sedona and dog friendly hotels

We have stayed at just about every pet friendly hotel in Sedona and the only one that treated us as you described was Kings Ransom. The room was down a flight of steps off the driveway by the dumpster. Won't stay there again. LaQuinta is so so. There have been remodeling and have first floor rooms with wood like floors, easy to clean.

If you like B&B's try Grace's Secret Garden.http://www.gracessecretgarden.com/

Awesome home and extremely pet friendly. She has a huge dog herself. We love it there.

Our new favorite hotel that is pet friendly is Sedona Real. From the center of the outside area, and I believe from our room also, are really good views of coffee pot rock. I don't know if they have suites or not, but our room was very large and extremely well appointed. Their breakfast was exceptional and I saw several large dogs while walking ours. They also give you a 10% discount on return visits.

Best Westen Inn on 89a also is very accommodating with dogs of all sizes and is located in an area with wonderful views.

Seattle, WA
reviews: 19
5. Re: Sedona and dog friendly hotels

Based off a TA recommendation, we'llbe staying at El Portal in Feb. We weren't looking for pet friendly, but if I recall correctly, thats a big part of their market/marketing. For all rooms. It's small (12rooms) but may serve your needs.

6. Re: Sedona and dog friendly hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sedona