We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona for Kids

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 3
Sedona for Kids

We are travelling from L.A. through the Grand Canyon and are deciding where to stay next, either Sedona or Phoenix. Is Sedona kid friendly? The hotels seem to cater to relaxing adults. Any ideas where to stay with kids in Sedona but still keep us adults sane?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
1. Re: Sedona for Kids

When are you coming?

Sedona is definitely kid friendly, but it's not about staying in a kid friendly hotel and hanging out there. It's about getting out on the trails or in the canyon. Pink Jeep tours, Out of Africa, swimming in Oak Creek (weather permitting), biking, hiking, lots of things for active kids and adults.

Los Angeles...
2. Re: Sedona for Kids

Thanks for your quick response and suggestions. I was hoping it would be you who responded. You "rock"! We are looking forward to our stay in Sedona booked for August 23 -25, 2007. Any nore suggestions would be truly appreciated. Our kids are 13, 10, and 7 years old.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
3. Re: Sedona for Kids

If your kids have an interest in history or archeology, there are several places around here where you acn see genuine Pueblo ruins and excellent displays of artifacts and lifestyles of our ancestors. Montezuma's Castle (and Well) is probably the most impressive, but Tuzigoot is also cool, and for a different perspective the Fort Verde State Park gives a good account of the white mans' influence in the 19th century.

I always loved the family trips that we took when I was a kid, to the civil war battlefields and historical sites in the founding of our nation back east.

How much time are you spending at the Grand Canyon? What do you have planned for the kids up there? Where are you staying?

Oh, and as to your original question about where to stay in Sedona. I would recommend someplace near Uptown. Check Best Western Arroyo Roble, or Amara, or Los Abrigados. With a family your size, you might also want to consider renting a 2BR at one of the local timeshare resorts. (if there's anything available)

Los Angeles...
4. Re: Sedona for Kids

Thanks for your second reply, RedRox. I just printed your suggestions and will be sure to carry them with me on our trip. I am grateful that my kids do express an interest in history and archaeology, especially in regards to Native Americans, and I think they will really enjoy Sedona. Yes, so far, our best vacations have been road trips on which we have visited national treasures. Needless to say, I am glad gas prices are coming down!

In regards to the Grand Canyon, we have booked a train ride to the rim and motorcoach tour as well as a one night stay at the rim. We have also booked a two night stay at Las Posadas of Sedona, mainly based on their extreme friendliness! I am considering booking a Sedona Pink Jeep Tour and visiting Oak Creek Canyon. Hopefully, we will have enough time to do it all.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Susan

London, United...
reviews: 130
5. Re: Sedona for Kids

We were just at the GC and Sedona with kids aged 12 and 8. At GC we had a personalised trek for 5 hours with PJ from the National Geographic tour (based at the IMAX/visitors center). At Sedona we did a jeep trip with Red Rock tours.

6. Re: Sedona for Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 07, 2009