We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

America the Beautiful Pass

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glendale, California
reviews: 4
America the Beautiful Pass

Does anyone know if this works for any of the places in Sedona? Do I still need a Red Rock Pass if I get an America the Beautiful pass? Can you buy an America the Beautiful pass in Sedona? I'm heading to Bryce & Zion after Sedona, so I want to have it before I get there if it's of value in Sedona. Otherwise, I'll buy it at the gates to Bryce.

Thanks! :)

Palm Coast, Florida
reviews: 14
1. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

I was curious about the same thing for an upcoming trip. You CAN use the America the Beautiful Pass in lieu of the Red Red Pass. I found this info on redrockcountry.org.

Glendale, California
2. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

Excellent news! I called one of the visitor centers in the Village of Oak Creek and they sell this America the Beautiful pass there, so I'll buy it as soon as I get to Sedona! They said it will get me into Tuzigoot, VbarV and other places! How exciting!

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 141
3. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

Be careful mirdonamy. If I am not mistaken the visitor center is a Time share trap. Or at least the one we first stopped at was. I ended up buying the week long Red Rock pass for $15 at the Circle K in the next block.

Glendale, California
4. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

I already have a timeshare, so they can't talk me into another one. I have no time nor money to spend. I can handle their pressure and walk out smiling. I need to get the America the Beautiful pass at a visitor center or national park or something. Commercial places like Circle K don't sell them. They only have Red Rock passes there. I'll be okay! :)

Beverly...
reviews: 166
5. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

There's an "official" visitor center staffed by the National Park Service in Oak Creek Village. There is a sign on the main road, and the visitor center is in the back building (I had a little trouble finding it when I was there a few weeks ago).

Philly
reviews: 28
6. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

You can order an America the Beautiful Pass on-line directly from the USGS (http://store.usgs.gov/pass/) for $80 plus $5 S&H. (Not sure how quickly you need it. I think I received mine in about a week.) National Parks cost $25 a pop to enter, so if you hit Bryce and Zion plus Sedona and maybe a couple National Monuments (at around $5 each) along the way, it's paid for. As an added bonus, you won't have to wait in a long line to get in. (I don't know what the entrance lines are like at Bryce and Zion, but they can be awful at the Grand Canyon.)

Glendale, California
7. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

"There's an "official" visitor center staffed by the National Park Service in Oak Creek Village. There is a sign on the main road, and the visitor center is in the back building (I had a little trouble finding it when I was there a few weeks ago)."

This is the place I called! That's how they described finding them... Oak Creek Village, back building, see signs. haha! Good to know I am going to an official place. I found their number on the NPS.gov site.

Anyhow, I am leaving for Sedona on Friday morning from Los Angeles, so I don't have time to order a pass online. I'll just pick one up in person! :)

the Sunny South...
8. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

Mir--

How did the America the Beautiful pass work out? Was it worth the cost? Was it more convenient than buying entrance each time?

I ordered one from the USGS website and it came within about a week to a week and a half for anybody else interested in the info.

Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 21
9. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

For those that are over 62 there is a Golden age Passport that cost $10.00. That will get you and your family in all the National Parks and is good as a Red Rock Pass. It may be purchased at any National Park.

Glendale, California
10. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

It worked out perfectly! We bought it in Sedona, used it at Palatki, the Grand Canyon, Bryce & Zion. We didn't get to go to VbarV or Tuzigoot this trip, but I plan to use the pass at the Sequoias in a few weeks, at Yosemite in August and at Joshua Tree in Sept. Totally worth every penny. Sadly, due to the hang-tag for the red rock pass, the America the Beautiful pass warped in the sun. It's really warped badly, but oh well. :)

My trip was great!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Sedona