We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottsdale and 1 year old

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale and 1 year old

Traveling to Scottsdale with a one year old in February....any ideas for activities? Is there a children's museum? Play areas? Thanks!

Scottsdale, Arizona
1. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

There is a children's museum...the Phoenix Children's Museum. It gets very good reviews. Both of you will also enjoy the world famous Phoenix Zoo where you can feed the ducks, visit the petting zoo and run to heart's content. There are a few places with kiddie rides. Stillman Park, and best of all for very young ones is the Lagoon at Encanto Park in Phoenix. Look at the "Things to Do" list above for both Phoenix and Scottsdale for reviews and other things that may interest you and your little one.

2. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

Thanks so much!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 27
3. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

My favorite by far is Scottsdale's McCormick Stillman Railroad Park, it's ideal for a one year old....the train ride around the park, carousel, playground are tons of fun for little ones, my grand kids have loved it for years. Clean and very safe neighborhood. Also a snack bar and ice cream counter, toy store....if you are looking for ducks to feed, down Hayden Rd. is Chaparral Park, 5 mins away.

Phx Children's Museum is another gem, be there when it opens, gets very busy. I believe they still have some special areas for toddlers/crawlers as well, tons of fun.

canada
reviews: 18
4. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

I'm going to scottsdale in a couple weeks with my 2 year old so looking for some suggestions as well. Any other ideas, even just like a great neighborhood playground or an indoor "jungle gym" type place? It doesn't necessarily need to be a touristy place, for us the trip is largely an occasion for our daughter to spend quality time with her grandparents. Anything that puts a huge smile on her face will make them happy.

Edited: 11:23 am, January 20, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
5. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

There are a few indoor playgrounds in some of the McDonald's in Scottsdale, but I have to ask with our perfect weather why you would want to keep the child inside?

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 27
6. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

Canada where are you staying? There are great neighborhood parks throughout Scottsdale.

McCormick RR park is free to enter and to enjoy the park, play on their playground by the way. It's $1 or $2 to ride the train and carousel.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 44
7. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

You will likely be disappointed by the Children's Museum if you have a 1-yr-old - most exhibits are geared toward older kids, who are extremely active (they nearly mowed our 2-yr-old over several times). The zoo, on the other hand, is great. Our daughter has *loved* Monkey Village and the carousel since she was *very* small. You may also wish to see if there is a 'breakfast with the animals' event while you're here (info should be on the zoo website).

We also have several parks and playgrounds in the city, several with water features that are popular with migrating waterfowl; however, don't feed the waterfowl in Scottsdale - it's against the law.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
reviews: 211
8. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

Another vote for McCormick Stillman Railroad Park. You could spend quite a bit of time there. A neat thing I saw there in November is a sunscreen machine in case you need extra. :-)

canada
reviews: 18
9. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

I will be staying in the McCormick Ranch area. Definitely going to the McCormick Stillman Railroad Park, probably the first day, I know it will be a hit and it's inexpensive. Some of the other activities mentioned (i.e. zoo, children's museum) are quite expensive when there are 4 adults paying (parents + grandparents) to take 1 child!

ugyved2 - definitely prefer outdoor activities (in particular since experiencing -30 celcius / - 22 farenheit weather up here right now) , I just thought if there was something great indoors we could do that as well.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 20
10. Re: Scottsdale and 1 year old

In the summer, little ones love the splash pads we have at a lot of our malls, but it's probably still too cold for that if you're coming in a couple weeks. I've heard friends talk about the Play Factory at Desert Ridge? maybe check that out?