We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arizona Grand for Tween/Teens?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Arizona Grand for Tween/Teens?

We will be in Scottsdale over Labor Day weekend with a 12yr old girl and 14 yr old boy. I think they would love the water park at the Arizona Grand but the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch or Westin Kierland both look like nicer properties. Also, I know it will be crowded over a holiday weekend so wondering which properties are better at managing crowds. Also, think a place where there are other teens/tweens (and not just small kids) is important. Suggestions?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
1. Re: Arizona Grand for Tween/Teens?

The Hyatt and Westin are nicer properties. The Westin has some better water features, and is less likely to have crowds.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
2. Re: Arizona Grand for Tween/Teens?

Glad you said it Bob. I'm thinking the same thing. AZ Grand is popular but more budget oriented.

Seattle, Washington
3. Re: Arizona Grand for Tween/Teens?

Thanks for the feedback. This is the tail end of a really busy road tour of various national parks. So I think we will all just want to hang at the hotel. Considering the heat (we are from Seattle and not acclimated to over 90 temps!), a good pool/water features is important. Any pool will do if it is filled with other kids around their age.. however water features take on more importance if this is not the case. The Hyatt was beautiful (and looked like it has some shade!) but looked like it may be more directed towards families with younger children. Am I misreading this?

4. Re: Arizona Grand for Tween/Teens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 17, 2014