We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Golf

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, VA
reviews: 32
Cheap Golf

Will be arriving at the Millennium in Scottsdale on Thursday and staying for five days. My two teens want to play a round of golf somewhere, but don't have a lot of money to spend. They have their own clubs. Any recommendations on how they can save some $ would be appreciated (nearby courses, time of day, etc.).

Is it possible to play 18 holes anywhere in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area for under $30? I hear it's oppressively hot in the p.m. so I'm hoping they can find some afternoon bargains.

Thx.

reviews: 3
1. Re: Cheap Golf

Lots of places charge <$30 but usually from Mon-Thu, but Fri/Sun rates are not that much higher. Even cheaper in the pm and with good news: courses empty so you fly around in 3 hrs. Get the Arizona Republic's newspaper every Thursday and you will find, in the sport's section, a whole page of Valley wide golf specials. Everyone has some kind of special. eg (for good and/or tough tracks) Grawhawk 4 for $100 with cart, Sanctuary $29 with cart and lunch, both TPC's in one long day with cart & lunch for $85, Papago (the best city course) about $15 to walk. Hope this helps.

Scottsdale
2. Re: Cheap Golf

A good place to check for cheap golf tee times is:

http://teetimes.azcentral.com

which is the website for the Arizona Republic newspaper. There is a lot of good information on there too, including course reviews and overseeding schedules.

3. Re: Cheap Golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 19, 2009