We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Jewelry

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
medicine lodge
Indian Jewelry

I would appreciate some suggestions as to where to buy Indian Jewelry in the Scottsdale area.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 60
1. Re: Indian Jewelry

There are numerous shops in downtown Scottsdale.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 47
2. Re: Indian Jewelry

Gilbert Ortega is a well known retailer in Old Town and has several locations. The location at Scottsdale Rd & Main is the largest with the best selection.

Also, check out Chief Dodge, which is a bit further south on Scottsdale Rd., (probably a cab ride, or you can take the free trolley) but has a great selection.

Both deal in the "real deal" and you won't be disappointed.

Vacaville...
reviews: 18
3. Re: Indian Jewelry

I would recommend that you don't buy any Indian jewelry in Scottsdale or Sedona for that matter. If you go to Sedona and take HWY 89A up through Oak Creek Canyon to the top and stop at the look-out point you can actually buy directly from the artist or a member of their family, and at a fantastic savings over the tourist areas. You are also assured that you are not buying fake stones, as they are not allowed to sell fake stones or they will not be allowed to sell at the look-out.

USA
reviews: 29
4. Re: Indian Jewelry

Your first stop should be The Scottsdale Trading Post.

Here is a link: http://www.scottsdaletradingpost.com/

The owners name is Ponder and he deals directly with artists and carries quality items. He's honest and prices things fairly. Sometimes his father works there and he's also been in the business for a long time and is extremely knowledgeable.

We stop there whenever we're in Scottsdale. It's not a big store, but he has some nice offerings.

I never cared for the Gilbert Ortega stores. They're now run by his kids and it just doesn't seem like they're that interested in the business? Lot's of very highly priced items and it just feels out of touch, maybe it's just me?

5. Re: Indian Jewelry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 04, 2013