We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit--Need hotel recommendations

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
First Visit--Need hotel recommendations

Looking at a few choices for a long weekend in June and was hoping to get some insight. We are looking for the best "resort" experience, i.e. a nice pool, spa, etc...For a special occasion, so price not an issue.

Currently trying to decide between Hyatt, Fairmont, JW Marriott (Camelback and Desert Ridge), Four Seasons.

Any input?

Tennessee
reviews: 4
1. Re: First Visit--Need hotel recommendations

You didn't mention it but I recommend the Westin Kierland. We went last summer and had a fabulous time there. Two great pools one being adult and the other with a lazy river that you can get on a float and just be lazy. At night they have movies at the pool and you just lounge around and watch the movie (my husband loved this). The spa was great and very addictive, lol. I loved the moisture massages. My husband played golf everyday at the resort with no complaints. Scottsdale is our all time favorite place to vacation and I highly recommend the Westin.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 1
2. Re: First Visit--Need hotel recommendations

For the best resort "experience" , you should try the sanctuary, it's got a wonderful pool, great spa and beautiful rooms, it sits on a mountainside overlooking the valley--sunsets are amazing! You should be able to get a great rate in June. Fairmont & Desert Ridge are their own litle oasis situated amongst sparse desert, i.e urban sprawl. The Hyatt & Camelback are nice, but older, not so "hip". Four Seasons is, well, the Four Seasons, great hotel, but not really AZ feeling. The Phoenician is also nice, a big resort with a nice setting against the mtns and a great spa..have fun!

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 1
3. Re: First Visit--Need hotel recommendations

Just thought of another one--The Arizona Biltmore. If you are into Frank Llloyd Wright architecture, this is a gem. Great spa and hotel located in the heart of Phx.