We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please explain Scottsdale to me :-)

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malmo, Sweden
reviews: 38
Please explain Scottsdale to me :-)

Greetings !

Just back in Sweden from Orlando after our 20th (or so) visit there. Our next trip will be to Arizona ( 1st time) . But I really need help with one thing ! I need to understand Scottsdale ! We have heard that Scottsdale is a great place so we are going there. But I dont understand if Scottsdale is a suburban place or a part of Phoenix, or exactly what ! Is it like international Drive to Orlando ? :-) Can someone help me out ?

Thanks in advance

Peter & Ingela

Sweden

Scottsdale, Arizona
11. Re: Please explain Scottsdale to me :-)

I am a native of Arizona and a 10-year resident of Scottsdale and felt compelled to add a few good comments about the area. As a resident, I can tell you that Scottsdale is not only full of amazing homes, golf courses, restaurants, museums, art galleries, hiking trails and mountains, the city is rich with culture and history – and has plenty to offer. If you plan to visit, I would suggest some of the following:

(1) An Off-road jeep tour of the surrounding Sonoran Desert; jeep tour into nature and ancient Indian history.

(2) A Guided Horseback Trail Ride and Cowboy Cookout at old MacDonald’s Ranch in North Scottsdale.

(3) Try a bite to eat at the legendary Pinnacle Peak Patio (opened since 1957). Also, right up the road visit Greasewood Flats - a charming, historic place perfect for a cold beer and dancing under the stars.

(4) Visit Architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West in northeast Scottsdale - another Scottsdale gem.

(5) And, if you have the energy - hike up beautiful Camelback Mountain for a spectacular view of the surrounding areas.

(6) Plus, with more than 125 galleries and museums, the exciting downtown Scottsdale Art & Shopping Districts is anything but “run down.” The area offers a ton of attractions from the Scottsdale ArtWalk to the best nightlife in the entire state.

You heard Scottsdale was a great place to visit for a reason! Good Luck.