We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hassayampa inn/peacock room

Which Prescott hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
phoenix
reviews: 1
hassayampa inn/peacock room

My son is a student at ERAU and we are frequent visitors in Prescott. On Easter Sunday we decided to try brunch at the Hassayampa Inn and it was a horrendous experience. Bad food, restaurant not very clean and really indifferent people working there. On top of that, it was about $75 for 3 people. A lot to pay for substandard food. I checked reviews for the hotel and the recent ones are not very good. There are comments about the rooms not being clean, etc. I was wondering if someone in the Prescott area knows what is going on at this place. Has there been a management change or something? It seems a shame for this historic property. My husband and I have reservations to stay there in June and we're starting to wonder if we should even bother. Thanks!

Los Angeles
reviews: 4
1. Re: hassayampa inn/peacock room

I agree on the food. Very ordinary food served by inexperienced staff. But what do you expect in Prescott? It's not Los Angeles or New York. You have to adjust your expectations.

I eat out every night in L.A. and even here it's hard to find really first rate food at Prescott-adjusted prices.

Dirty rooms though are another story . . .

Phoenix Az
reviews: 40
2. Re: hassayampa inn/peacock room

This surprises me to hear of the poor service. Did you notify the manager about the trouble? Even after having your experience you can write letting them know the details as you recall them: dates, times, type of food, maybe the servers name, etc. and often the managers will attempt to correct the situation and provide some compensation for your unpleasant experience. Note to them that you have reservations in June and are rethinking where to stay and dine, you could be surprised at how they handle the information. They can’t fix what they don’t know is a problem. ;-)

Prescott, Arizona
3. Re: hassayampa inn/peacock room

Hi there, ...grand;

I've lived here in the Prescott area for aover 20 years now and I can remember when the Hassayampa was "The" place for an elegant meal. But 20 years ago there were not the variety of good restaurants there are now, I suppose. It still has old time charm and elegance, compared to many eateries, but I have found a couple of disappointing times there myself over the past couple of years.

Prescott is still "Prescott"...I love it here...but I would rather have lunch at The Palace Bar than the Hassayampa. The food is better and the prices better, and it's got just as much history and color!

Los Angeles
reviews: 4
4. Re: hassayampa inn/peacock room

"They can’t fix what they don’t know is a problem. ;-) "

And therein lies the problem . . . why don't they know they serve ordinary food using inexperienced staff? I think they do know. I think it's part of their business plan.

I agree that writing to a restauruant is helpful if, for example, the valet is rude, but not about issues as fundamental as theese. Who has time to do all that writing to help them run their own business. . . . much easier to go somehwere else . . market forces will make the corrections over time.

phoenix
reviews: 1
5. Re: hassayampa inn/peacock room

Actually we did fill out a comment card and left it at the desk. No one ever contacted us. It appears that no one is really supervising what is going on there or if they are, they don't care or they are not experienced in the business. The food we were served was not just ordinary...it was really bad. Also, the place needs a really good cleaning. I'm sorry, but I just don't see any excuse for filth. I love the location and the property in general. I hope that they get their act together someday. Check out the recent reviews on the hotel rooms. It is not just one disgruntled customer. There are many and they seem to be saying the same thing. I am amazed that they can charge the prices that they do. I really hope that it gets better, otherwise they will probably run the place into the ground and that would be a shame. I don't think that the fact that it is in Prescott is much of an excuse either. I have eaten in restaurants in smaller, more remote locations and had some really memorable meals.

6. Re: hassayampa inn/peacock room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 24, 2009