We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with one day in Phoenix

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
reviews: 69
What to do with one day in Phoenix

Going to finish work and have one day the next day to explore. I'll either hang around the pool or go hike - where would be the place to go.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 20
1. Re: What to do with one day in Phoenix

I'd split the day- get your hike on early in the morning and then relax in the afternoon by the pool.

I typically recommend camelback mountain for it's beautiful views, but it depends on your fitness level and what part of town you are staying in?

Tempe, AZ
reviews: 4
2. Re: What to do with one day in Phoenix

I don't typically recommend Camelback because it's too crowded and too difficult for most. Last thing we need is the bottle neck to get worse up there.

I do recommend South Mountain; the Mormon Loop has some nice views of the city.

Grab lunch at the Farm at South Mountain, then enjoy the rest of your day by the pool.

Scottsdale, Arizona
3. Re: What to do with one day in Phoenix

We don't know where you are staying or when you will visit which can have a huge impact on hiking suggestions. South Mountain is an excellent suggestion. You can actually drive to the top and see Glasgow. Hike up and down all you like. Then there are two riding stables, a cowboy steak house and an outstanding Mexican restaurant, Los Dos Molinos right there. The Farm is also excellent but in a normal food, organic kind of way. Sadly, no haggis!

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g31310-d10…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31310-d33…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31310-d33…

Happy Trails!!!

Edited: 7:35 pm, February 19, 2014
Rancho Cucamonga
reviews: 102
4. Re: What to do with one day in Phoenix

If its now until March 22, go to a Spring training baseball facility and watch workouts/practices and rub elbows with players. Then catch a game or two.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 60
5. Re: What to do with one day in Phoenix

See Glasgow from South Mountain? Tongue in cheek? You can see the Phoenix area to the north and the desert and Chandler to the south.

6. Re: What to do with one day in Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 22, 2015