We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation suggestions anyone?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 15
Accommodation suggestions anyone?

I am flying from Melbourne Australia and am looking for a hotel for 2 nights to recover from the 30+ hour flight before meeting up with a friend and travelling to Sedona.

I am looking for a hotel up to $200 a night that is relaxed, friendly and would suit a female travelling by herself. Would like a place with a pool and gym and maybe a spa so that I can relax.

Any suggestions for in Phoenix would be a nice place to stay would be much appreciated!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
reviews: 62
1. Re: Accommodation suggestions anyone?

What time of year are you planning your trip to Phoenix and Sedona? It is important to know to meet your per night requirement. Hotel/motel/resort rates are higher in winter when tourists flock here, and lower in summer when they don't. Oh yes, remember it is winter here when it is summer in Melbourne.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 118
2. Re: Accommodation suggestions anyone?

Yes, dates do matter. During the heat of the summer, rates at the best spa resorts plunge down into your price range. Right now, those resorts are still enjoying maximum rack rates and full bookings. There are places to stay for less than $200, but again, right now most are fully booked. Spring breaks from schools, spring training for baseball, best weather in the country, and the Easter and Passover holidays all combine to keep this season quite busy in PHX

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 13
3. Re: Accommodation suggestions anyone?

I agree, knowing your dates will help. That said, for a couple of days of relaxation, you might look into the Wigwam Resort in Litchfield Park, just west of Phoenix. They often have lower rates than other resorts, partly because they're out of town a bit. But the resort itself is beautiful, quiet, and very friendly, and they have a wonderful Red Door Spa and well-equipped gym. Also, there are 3 golf courses, several pools, and excellent on-site restaurants.

www.wigwamresort.com

4. Re: Accommodation suggestions anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 21, 2014